Pay cut

Elss21

Good morning partners!

So I’m currently an on road, and I applied for a different role. There’s a pretty big difference in salary in the new role from my understanding. Is there an automatic pay cut if I accept the role or do I carry my current salary into the new position. And also is there room for negotiations when it comes to matters like this.

Thanks for the replies!

Last edited:

Thebrownblob

Good morning partners!

So I’m currently an on road, and I applied for a different role. There’s a pretty big difference in salary in the new role from my understanding. Is there an automatic pay cut if I accept the role or do I carry my current salary into the new position. And also is there room for negotiations when it comes to matters like this.

Thanks for the replies!
Call HR?

3o72FiKtrMAjIb0Rhu.gif

Mplayers2006

The Most Hated Troll 😈
Good morning partners!

Thanks for the replies!

i believe you will take a pay cut if you demote yourself. I’m guessing you’re going from a 20F to a D. If that is the case, your pay will go down. If 20E, then it would most likely stay the same assuming your current compa is less than 85 at current band.

But email your center’s HR guy. They will be able to tell you exactly what will happen in that scenario. If you don’t know your local HR rep, then ask your manager, they will know.

UPS will negotiate, but it’s not a guarantee they will do it in your case. if I remember correct, the Division Manager can approve anything under a 90 compa, but if it goes over that, HR will need to sign off. In your case, you will most likely be above the 90 in the new role.

Your salary should carry to the new position. Your Compa ratio is what will change based on the grade of the new job your moving into.
This ☝quote hits the nail on the head

I was a feeder on road (20F) and a coworker of mine was moved from being a feeder on road to health & safety supervisor (20D I believe). His pay did not go down but he was now near the top of the compa ratio which will affect future raises.

For that matter I worked with another feeder on road who was a hub sort manager who got demoted (30D?). He actually didn’t lose any pay from his base salary either. Obviously he lost MIP. Then after he completed DTS he got bumped from 20E to 20F and actually got a pay increase in his base salary.

I guess that says a lot about where he was in his compa ratio as a manager. It also shows that supervisors that get promoted to manager early in their career don’t make much more than a seasoned on road supervisor. All of this was before the pay mix update of course.

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
This ☝quote hits the nail on the head

I was a feeder on road (20F) and a coworker of mine was moved from being a feeder on road to health & safety supervisor (20D I believe). His pay did not go down but he was now near the top of the compa ratio which will affect future raises.

For that matter I worked with another feeder on road who was a hub sort manager who got demoted (30D?). He actually didn’t lose any pay from his base salary either. Obviously he lost MIP. Then after he completed DTS he got bumped from 20E to 20F and actually got a pay increase in his base salary.

I guess that says a lot about where he was in his compa ratio as a manager. It also shows that supervisors that get promoted to manager early in their career don’t make much more than a seasoned on road supervisor. All of this was before the pay mix update of course.

Feeder on road
Lmao 😂

No not fat enough
Not gonna lie. I was a package on road for 3 years, then a feeder on road for 4 years before going back to package.

Package is a lot of arguing. Too many stops, 9.5 grievances, 8 hour requests, I might be ok I might not, overallowed, OJS, back first exceptions, telematics, late air and constant bickering.

Feeders was cut and dry: make your pull time and don’t hit anything. It’s cool to show a guy how to drive and help them get their cdl. All BS aside, laugh if you want, but that stuff was cool.

Covemastah

Hoopah drives the boat Chief !!
yah. We love when a young gun sup goes to a crash course feeder school in Chicago then comes and tells us how we are doing it all wrong 😂