Ya Dad

Gimme me more characters so that I finish this se
Can you find any language in the National Master that says if you made progression as a Bid Air Driver (part-time), move on to Combo Inside/Inside and get red-circled on your top air rate, then within 2 years go into Feeders, your pay drops down to starting Feeder rate?

If so, guess that's on me. Wish I'd known that before I took a 30% paycut.

Boxslinger11

Next gen teamster
Can you find any language in the National Master that says if you made progression as a Bid Air Driver (part-time), move on to Combo Inside/Inside and get red-circled on your top air rate, then within 2 years go into Feeders, your pay drops down to starting Feeder rate?

Id assume you would get red circled

saintrick

A 41 S2 b

(b) No employee shall be required to complete a full-time pro-
gression more than one (1) time even if he or she transfers between
full-time jobs except as set forth in this paragraph. The sole excep-
tion is when an employee is awarded a package car or feeder driver
job and has not previously held a full-time job which includes driv-
ing duties. In such event, the employee will have a break-in rate
equal to the employee’s current wage rate until six (6) months from
the date the employee entered the job. The employee will then go to
the prevailing top rate. A part-time air driver who has completed the
Article 40 progression, bids a full-time inside job and then a driver
job within two (2) years shall have the same break-in period.

Have you completed a full time progression or are you still under 4 years?

Ya Dad

I completed my air driver progression. I am still under my 4 year full time progression.

Also, THANK YOU.

Ya Dad

I'm gonna file tonight.

I don't understand how the back-pay works because I hear different things. A couple of other drivers said it only goes back a couple of months.

Ya Dad

Talked to someone tonight about it. Apparently backpay only goes back as far as the grievance is filed...

Ya Dad

A part-time air driver who has completed the

This applies to me. So since I started in March, I should go to top rate in September. However I thought I would be red-circled until then. I brought my air rate with me into combo...

Ya Dad

I heard that the union steward I filed with was "looking into it" this week. Apparently he is looking for the language that says I should be red circled when moving from one FT job to another while still under FT progression.

Tony Q

Did you complete your progression as a full timer?

Tony Q

I'm gonna file tonight.

I don't understand how the back-pay works because I hear different things. A couple of other drivers said it only goes back a couple of months.
I scrolled down and found it to late. You should keep your 28 and change an hour until your four years is up.

Ya Dad

I scrolled down and found it to late. You should keep your 28 and change an hour until your four years is up.

I'm two years into my FT progression, but since I finished my air driver progression, won an inside/inside job, then won a Feeder job, I should only have to wait six months from my first day of training in Feeders as per Article 41 Sec 2b of the National Master.

The way the company is seeing it right now is that the top air rate I red circled into my Combo Job doesn't transfer a 2nd time, so they dropped me into the rate Feeder drivers make after 1 year of progression.

Tony Q

I'm two years into my FT progression, but since I finished my air driver progression, won an inside/inside job, then won a Feeder job, I should only have to wait six months from my first day of training in Feeders as per Article 41 Sec 2b of the National Master.

The way the company is seeing it right now is that the top air rate I red circled into my Combo Job doesn't transfer a 2nd time, so they dropped me into the rate Feeder drivers make after 1 year of progression.
Thats for a part time progression, not a full time.

Ya Dad

Thats for a part time progression, not a full time.

A41 S2 b

So, a topped-out Combo worker gets red-circled into a full-time driving position until 6 months after his first day of training, at which point he goes to the top-rate.

Topped out PT Air Driver who goes FT non-driving, then FT Driving within 2 years goes through the same motions: red-circled at current wage rate, then top-rate after 6 months.

Tony Q

A41 S2 b

So, a topped-out Combo worker gets red-circled into a full-time driving position until 6 months after his first day of training, at which point he goes to the top-rate.

Topped out PT Air Driver who goes FT non-driving, then FT Driving within 2 years goes through the same motions: red-circled at current wage rate, then top-rate after 6 months.
I'm sorry to break this to you but you have to have four years to top out in either. Reread the language. I encourage you to file a grievance and pursue it.

Ya Dad

I'm sorry to break this to you but you have to have four years to top out in either. Reread the language. I encourage you to file a grievance and pursue it.

Thank you for the continued responses. It's appreciated. I filed last week, but I'm hopeful that if I can convince you, then my BA can convince the company.

I completed the Article 40 progression. I won an inside/Inside job. Within 2 years, I won a Feeder job. This fits the Article 41 criteria. In what language does it say that this is not the case?

Pizza

Joe Biden is The Big Guy
I'm with Ya Dad.
If this does not apply to you please ask them who they are talking about.
Let us know.

Tony Q

Thank you for the continued responses. It's appreciated. I filed last week, but I'm hopeful that if I can convince you, then my BA can convince the company.

I completed the Article 40 progression. I won an inside/Inside job. Within 2 years, I won a Feeder job. This fits the Article 41 criteria. In what language does it say that this is not the case?
Alright, re read the language. You completed a part time progression, correct? Now when did you actually complete a full time progression? If you can show me, which you don't have to, or your business agent and eventually a panel then you will win. From the facts you have presented here, based on the contract language that you presented to me you still have to finish your 4 year progression. There you have it.