Pay Edited From 20hr/ to 15/hr Without Any Notice

Frank888

I have been reading threads on here about other people's pay being reduced, however, it appears that they were told in advance that it would happen and their would be an attendance bonus. For the week of January 16th, all of my hours showed that I was getting paid 20/hr, until they edited that today so I made 15/hr for the week of January 16th. Any advice on how I should handle this situation?

Swanson

Henry Swanson's my name, and excitement's my game.
I have been reading threads on here about other people's pay being reduced, however, it appears that they were told in advance that it would happen and their would be an attendance bonus. For the week of January 16th, all of my hours showed that I was getting paid 20/hr, until they edited that today so I made 15/hr for the week of January 16th. Any advice on how I should handle this situation?
accept it or move on

Frank888

A lot of pro-management posts on here instead of pro-employee. How come they did not give me a new contract to sign? They could just reduce pay without any notice?

Swanson

Henry Swanson's my name, and excitement's my game.
A lot of pro-management posts on here instead of pro-employee. How come they did not give me a new contract to sign? They could just reduce pay without any notice?
Read the contract.It will be 15.50 in August.I am not pro management, at my building we got nothing.Forgive me for not feeling sorry for you.
external-content.duckduckgo.com.gif

Frank888

I understand the sentiment on here that I should accept the pay rate, however, how about this from the contract?

Article 22 Section 5 Wages
subsection (e.)
“Seniority part-time employees who are receiving an hourly rate higher than set forth above in Section (b), as a result of a Market Rate Adjustment, shall not have their hourly rate reduced due to the implementation of this Article”

542thruNthru

I understand the sentiment on here that I should accept the pay rate, however, how about this from the contract?

Article 22 Section 5 Wages
subsection (e.)
“Seniority part-time employees who are receiving an hourly rate higher than set forth above in Section (b), as a result of a Market Rate Adjustment, shall not have their hourly rate reduced due to the implementation of this Article”
That language doesn't mean what you think it does.

upser2020

Just curious if anyone has tried using the 22.5e language to grieve this I know some on here interpret it to mean at the time it went into effect but it seems at least a little vague and curious if anyone has tried and what the results have been.

Jetboat1

It's a part time job no attendance bonus no need to show up every day. If you want Friday off take it. You owe UPS nothing. If UPS wants part time employees to show up everyday pay for it.

542thruNthru

It's a part time job no attendance bonus no need to show up every day. If you want Friday off take it. You owe UPS nothing. If UPS wants part time employees to show up everyday pay for it.

You get health insurance if you work 5 days or 4 a week. If you're a good worker calling in once a month not a problem.
Don't see what that has to do with the question I asked. You said if UPS wants PT to show up every day pay for it.

So you don't get paid when you show up? You obviously get health insurance like you pointed out.

BadIdeaGuy

Staff member
So the attendance bonus is chosen entirely at the will of the company.
You won't find any contract article on that that I know of.

You were also a seasonal, from the sounds of it.
So you were probably terminated and quietly rehired in the system, as happens every year with those that get kept after peak.

Also being a seasonal "at will" employee, you have basically no protections, or rights to the contract guarantees.

I know that's not the answer you want, but it's the hand you were dealt.
You get to choose to accept it, or try your luck elsewhere.