Pay Guarantee how does it work when requested?

A.Spooner

Can someone clarify how this works as I've only been a permanent driver for 6 months. I was told that if a driver with less seniority then me was on road that day and management told me there was no work for me that day I could request 8 hours pay. Curious if I just say I want my 8 hour pay or if I have to grieve it. I haven't been driving that long but I know 5 routes so far(I know not that many) but the guys with less seniority then me are driving the same route they qualified on every day as that's the only route they know. I usually drive a different route everyday, but occasionally get a day off, or have to convince other drivers to take a day off on their route to get work. Is it even worth it to say something and rock the boat?

cosmo1

Perhaps.
Staff member
Can someone clarify how this works as I've only been a permanent driver for 6 months. I was told that if a driver with less seniority then me was on road that day and management told me there was no work for me that day I could request 8 hours pay. Curious if I just say I want my 8 hour pay or if I have to grieve it. I haven't been driving that long but I know 5 routes so far(I know not that many) but the guys with less seniority then me are driving the same route they qualified on every day as that's the only route they know. I usually drive a different route everyday, but occasionally get a day off, or have to convince other drivers to take a day off on their route to get work. Is it even worth it to say something and rock the boat?

I knew an A.Spooner at UPS a long, long time ago.

You aren't related to him, are you?

Wilson1397

Half the lies they tell about me aren't true!!
If you don't rock the boat now (grieve it) they will just continue to do it.

A.Spooner

It is correct though that if a driver with less seniority then me drives that particular day and I don't I can request 8 hours pay?

Rack em

Made the Podium
It is correct though that if a driver with less seniority then me drives that particular day and I don't I can request 8 hours pay?
Yes, if someone with less seniority than you works ahead of you then you can grieve it and get 8 hours of pay. Grieve it every single time!

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
IMG_2461.GIF
Arthur Spooner is the name, aka Basement Artie.

N

Nothing by 1030 anymore

You can get 8 hours of pay if you file a grievance and win. It would take weeks

Richard Cranium

Tell them to quit spoonin spooner or you will file.

N

Nothing by 1030 anymore

From what I read on here just wanting what is rightfully his won't get you any gold stars but it won't get you moved up any list "if" you are a hard worker and don't miss much work.
Lol. Times have changed. Doesn't matter if ur a hard worker etc..like my boss once said.. Anyone can be fired...there's too many things you have to do right

Did you tell management you wanted to work that day? What I mean is, does mangement think you like to get the day off?

542thruNthru

Here you have to let them know you want your 8hours. If they say no and work someone with less seniority over you then you can file.

You can't say ok and leave then decide you want to file later.

Don't listen to the people that have no backbone and try and scare you with "the list" talk.