Pay guarantee vs actual pay

Mo19072

what does it mean when my time card says “pay guarantee” instead of actual pay?
And does it mean that I probably made seniority since I’m on day 41?

Netsua 3:16

AND THAT’S THE BOTTOM LINE
what does it mean when my time card says “pay guarantee” instead of actual pay?
And does it mean that I probably made seniority since I’m on day 41?
What's your pay code in login screen? When it's changed to 06 permanently that's a good sign. You aren't done yet but are at the finish line. Keep doing what you're doing and for God's sake don't hit anything, and you'll be a driver very soon

just chillin'

Rest in peace wooba
on UPSers time card viewer pay guarantee means you are a full time employee that is guaranteed 8 hours of work a day. pay actual means you worked time only and are paid from your start time until you punched out under 8 hours. congrats on making book

Mo19072

When do i know i got seniority? My center don’t like to talk about anything other than what’s said in PCM. Its like their policy not to answer questions.

MC0493

I've you've worked for 30 working days then you should consider yourself a union employee. Pay code 06 is guarantee which is the only one you should use. 05 is pay actual so you'd only get paid for hours worked. If you work over 8 hours it doesn't matter which code is used, you'll get paid the same.

MyTripisCut

Never bought my own handtruck
I've you've worked for 30 working days then you should consider yourself a union employee. Pay code 06 is guarantee which is the only one you should use. 05 is pay actual so you'd only get paid for hours worked. If you work over 8 hours it doesn't matter which code is used, you'll get paid the same.
Not totally accurate. Code 05 eliminates any bonus if said driver worked over 8 and was in a bonus center and they actually happened to make some bonus.

542thruNthru

Not totally accurate. Code 05 eliminates any bonus if said driver worked over 8 and was in a bonus center and they actually happened to make some bonus.

EXQq.gif

JustDeliverIt

I started seasonal 09/27/18 and PT 01/04. Started my 1st day FT 05/14 and 30th day 06/26. The past week was the first ever to have pay guarantee.

That's why. You don't get holiday pay until after 18 months. If your PT hire date is Jan 4, 2019, you won't get paid holiday pay until July 4, 2020 roughly.

Of course, that depends on your local supplement but just to give you an idea.

FromOffTheStreets

For us 05 code is for a partial dispatch. 06 full. If you want the partial you leave it @ 05. If you change it in your diad to 06 then they just find you more work to fill your day out.

Chnandler Bong

I’ve been having to check my time card online any time I come in under 8 hours. Someone routinely changes my paycode to 05 hoping I won’t notice. All I have to do is bring it up to management and it’s fixed, but I find the practice to be extremely shady. They’re taking advantage of any drivers that don’t keep track or are afraid to speak up. It’s no different than if they’d reached into their pockets and stole the cash. They shouldn’t be allowed to alter time cards without any repercussions.

542thruNthru

I started seasonal 09/27/18 and PT 01/04. Started my 1st day FT 05/14 and 30th day 06/26. The past week was the first ever to have pay guarantee.

Do you know what regional contract you're under? Eligibility for holiday pay like @JustDeliverIt said depends on your area. Here its 6 months after you're hired. Some areas its 1 year and other 18 months.