Pay issue

Mdet

Hi to everyone I have been working preload and local everyday. My timecard said this all week Non- no work between shifts which I am on two different time cards. My issue is
1. If someone works over 5 hours on preload do they get OT for rest of the day. Or is it two different groups.
2. If I am working both then I should be getting OT on local if I am right on that.

Box Handler of Dallas

Hi to everyone I have been working preload and local everyday. My timecard said this all week Non- no work between shifts which I am on two different time cards. My issue is
1. If someone works over 5 hours on preload do they get OT for rest of the day. Or is it two different groups.
2. If I am working both then I should be getting OT on local if I am right on that.
When you work those double shifts, your OT actually doesn't kick in until after a combined 8 hours. Where you need to be careful is if you work, for example, 6.5 hours on preload and 1.5 on the local you will lose the OT from preload and lose money. Supervisors LOVE to cut the double shifters to avoid paying the OT.

Thebrownblob

When you work those double shifts, your OT actually doesn't kick in until after a combined 8 hours. Where you need to be careful is if you work, for example, 6.5 hours on preload and 1.5 on the local you will lose the OT from preload and lose money. Supervisors LOVE to cut the double shifters to avoid paying the OT.
Not here, all hours after five are paid at overtime for part employees.

Mdet

I am a union steward for preload and I know if go over 5hr on preload then it is OT but now I am doing both then I think it is 8hr then OT. I wrote my BA last night cause I want to know.

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
I am a union steward for preload and I know if go over 5hr on preload then it is OT but now I am doing both then I think it is 8hr then OT. I wrote my BA last night cause I want to know.

Your BA should be more than willing to help.

But, a little basic research (to define your questions) can expedite answers.

Supplemental agreements differ by region.... and sometimes Locals.