Pay Question - Boxline + Extra $1

huskyantics

So I have a question about what it takes to get the extra dollar per hour. I boxline sort and work twillight hourts (6pm - 11pm) and am currently paid $9.50/hr. I'm still in my probationary period. What can I do, if anything to get the dollar / hr pay increase?

H

htown0721

you are already getting it, you will get another dollar after your ninety days, starting pay is 8.50/hr

huskyantics

Everyone at the location I work in gets the $9.50 rate, the minimum wage in our state is $9.04 / hr. What I'm asking is there anything I can do (other than 90 day) to get the $1.00 hr increase?

H

htown0721

Contact your HR or Union rep...where I am at sorters get an extra dollar an hour

UnconTROLLed

perfection
As a boxline sorter on the twi, you are probably stuck.

Preload is an entirely different operation than the hub. The only $1/hr "skilled" jobs in the hub are either sorting on the aisle, or picking off for a PD. At least jobs, as a new-hire, you will have a reasonable chance of getting.

Another option may be to switch shifts onto the preload (since you are already classified/attached to the preload operation, and preloaders make $1/hr pay differential, plus locally .15 cent night differential). Ask your FT manager/steward about the option to switch shifts.