Pay raise

Cactus

Just telling it like it is
Does anybody have the 10 yr pay scale
Here it is:

don-t-count-on-it-001.jpg

MondayLates

Managers have the tables. The tables are different for each market. Also, it's not a 10 year scale, it's a 10 step scale. Meaning it could take longer than 10 years if they suspend raises some years (which has been done in the past). And for 10 year people like me, most of us will still be only on step 3 because the small raises over the years have kept us so close to the starting pay.

MAKAVELI

Managers have the tables. The tables are different for each market. Also, it's not a 10 year scale, it's a 10 step scale. Meaning it could take longer than 10 years if they suspend raises some years (which has been done in the past). And for 10 year people like me, most of us will still be only on step 3 because the small raises over the years have kept us so close to the starting pay.
I wouldn't put too much into those tables as nothing has been said that their 10 step scale is actually going to happen. Why not start it this year? Maybe because they don't actually plan on doing it. To me it's just another scheme to keep employees from jumping ship before peak, just like the 15% bonus last year to select stations. In other words, don't believe it till you see it. And then if you see it, don't count on them to follow through with the scale.

FedUpMac

Ok so, can anyone translate these pay codes and market codes? How do I know how these affect me? I've worked at express for over a decade and have no idea what any of that means. (I understand how the markets work, but how would I know what level I'm in?)
What is 8k?
What is 9m?
What is Market Level A?
What is Market Level H?

Last edited:

MondayLates

Ok so, can anyone translate these pay codes and market codes? How do I know how these affect me? I've worked at express for over a decade and have no idea what any of that means. (I understand how the markets work, but how would I know what level I'm in?)
What is 8k?
What is 9m?
What is Market Level A?
What is Market Level H?

8k means regular courier. 9M is pay code for swing driver/RTD. Market level is the geographic differences in pay that FedEx has across the country. I think both will show on your salary screen in prism.

I'm not very smart how do I know which step I am?

If you make more than step one but less than step two, you are in step one. More than two but less than three, you are in two. Etc. After 10 years, I will be in step three. Unbelievable.

Jayhawk

8k means regular courier. 9M is pay code for swing driver/RTD. Market level is the geographic differences in pay that FedEx has across the country. I think both will show on your salary screen in prism.

If you make more than step one but less than step two, you are in step one. More than two but less than three, you are in two. Etc. After 10 years, I will be in step three. Unbelievable.
13 years in October, I will be in step 5. When our manager announced the raise and told us there was a new plan to top out couriers faster I cracked that it was going from 25 to 20. It annoyed him and he said no it's 10. Ya sure thing boss. 18 years if things go as planned and I give that almost zero chance of happening

Flaco50

If you make more than step one but less than step two, you are in step one. More than two but less than three, you are in two. Etc. After 10 years, I will be in step three. Unbelievable.[/QUOTE]

Seems like a bunch of us in the same boat 8-12 years in really getting the short end of the stick on this deal

Jayhawk

Seems like a bunch of us in the same boat 8-12 years in really getting the short end of the stick on this deal[/QUOTE]
As always

Nolimitz

There is probably only one chart in existence. That way it can be used as an "example only" doc. No way they are going to put out each market in stone at this point in time.
Plausible Deniability

SmithBarney

The announcement was a litmus test, they want to see how much backlash there is.... if people quiet down after a few weeks, they'll stick with a crappy vague "step"(not yearly) progression. So make sure you are heard at each morning meeting, Ask publicly, if someone else asks, back them up with a "YEAH what about our raises" or whatever...