Pay raises for PT

Rahmundo

With the starting wages going up to $15 an hour, how much will the catch up wages be? It doesn’t specify in the contract update. Thanks

Jkloc420

Do you need an air compressor or tire gauge
With the starting wages going up to $15 an hour, how much will the catch up wages be? It doesn’t specify in the contract update. Thanks
The contract is not done, therefore 15 an hour is not a done deal. Also who even knows if there will be a catch up raise

PCLoadPackage

It would be awesome if PT starting pay goes to $15/hr and there's catch up raise(s). Even if both of those make it into the contract, I'm confident that they'll find the worst possible way to implement it. It's the kind of thing that you'd think nobody could *possibly* screw up. ...until you've worked at UPS for a while.

The easiest thing I can think of would be just to bump everyone under $15/hr to $15/hr, while leaving them wherever they currently are in their progression (assuming most of these people are in their first 4 years). Kinda stinks if you've been here 3-4 years and you're now making starting pay. On the other hand, at least you're not making less than starting pay.

Jkloc420

It would be awesome if PT starting pay goes to $15/hr and there's catch up raise(s). Even if both of those make it into the contract, I'm confident that they'll find the worst possible way to implement it. It's the kind of thing that you'd think nobody could *possibly* screw up. ...until you've worked at UPS for a while.

The easiest thing I can think of would be just to bump everyone under $15/hr to $15/hr, while leaving them wherever they currently are in their progression (assuming most of these people are in their first 4 years). Kinda stinks if you've been here 3-4 years and you're now making starting pay. On the other hand, at least you're not making less than starting pay.
fake

PT Car Washer

The last time there was a catch up raise for PT it was only worth an extra $.10 or $.15/hr. per year. It would take 50 years to make an extra $5/hr.

WorkingAsDirected

In my opinion there most likely be no catch up raise. Why would the company give out more than they would have to for the PT they know aren't going anywhere. There will be a large increase in the starting wage because they can't get people to stay but other than that it will be the same as last contract. There is not enough demand from the PTers to the union and the union will declare victory when UPS raises the starting wage.

PCLoadPackage

The last time there was a catch up raise for PT it was only worth an extra $.10 or $.15/hr. per year. It would take 50 years to make an extra $5/hr.
This is precisely what I was referring to. Catch up raises for everyone! Great idea! How could they screw that up? UPS response: $.10/hr per year., that's how.

PCLoadPackage

What's fake? Me? No, I've been lurking for a couple years. I just decided to finally create an account. I've been a preloader since 2015. Based on what I've seen here, there are a lot of other preloaders that are the best ever, so I must not be. I'd say I'm above average, but that's not a real high bar based on what I've seen.

I'm pretty clear on where to buy socks, we're losing Amazon, the uniforms suck, whether the day after Thanksgiving is a holiday, etc., so I won't ask about any of those.

Jkloc420

What's fake? Me? No, I've been lurking for a couple years. I just decided to finally create an account. I've been a preloader since 2015. Based on what I've seen here, there are a lot of other preloaders that are the best ever, so I must not be. I'd say I'm above average, but that's not a real high bar based on what I've seen.

I'm pretty clear on where to buy socks, we're losing Amazon, the uniforms suck, whether the day after Thanksgiving is a holiday, etc., so I won't ask about any of those.
it was a joke kind gentleman

WorkingAsDirected

UPS is currently discriminating against is current PTers by giving bonuses to new hires which is not allowed in the contract. Each PT should receive about $5,000 from this. What is the union doing about it? Nothing. They won't fight it. What makes you think they will fight for a catch up raise?

UnconTROLLed

perfection
UPS is currently discriminating against is current PTers by giving bonuses to new hires which is not allowed in the contract. Each PT should receive about $5,000 from this. What is the union doing about it? Nothing. They won't fight it. What makes you think they will fight for a catch up raise?
You are right. It's a travesty, that money should all be increased wages for FT'ers.

PCLoadPackage

Shouldn't you be upset with the union and not the company?
Both. The union for allowing it, and UPS for even offering it. Since it's implied that this extra raise will catch up to the higher level of pay, it should, at the very least, catch up by the end of the contract that it is being negotiated.

Regarding the bonuses that WorkingAsDirected referenced, I don't know enough about the contract to know if they're allowed to give bonuses based on region or anything. As far as I know, our center was not giving bonuses to any new hires.

Rahmundo

Wow. I feel really cheated. I’m tired of being treated like an animal and being paid next to nothing for blood and sweat. I’ve been at ups for 8 years and they are just going to screw all that hard work I put in? I think it’s time to say goodbye to under paid slaves. What a waste of time and talent. God I feel so stupid.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
If you're being discriminated again try the ACLU

PT Car Washer

Wow. I feel really cheated. I’m tired of being treated like an animal and being paid next to nothing for blood and sweat. I’ve been at ups for 8 years and they are just going to screw all that hard work I put in? I think it’s time to say goodbye to under paid slaves. What a waste of time and talent. God I feel so stupid.
I suggest you vote with your feet and find something better.

The Range

In too deep
New hires still getting a weekly bonus after they make union, making more than people with half a decade in. Union (you, me) are jokes. Strike and walk at conclusion if there are no catch-up raises for pters out of progression.

Last edited:

Staydryitsraining

I believe all new buildings start pay is 15, probably will happen. Existing pters will not be given anything.

UnconTROLLed

perfection
Proud to be a Teamster ...leave your talent, creativity and ambition at the guard shack.

:D