Pay the home owner or get suspended?

Upsbeerman

Is it normal for on roads to cut a side deal? Say you had a incident you didnt report but they worked it out so you could pay the home owner personally?and they dont have to report an accident.

Seymour Packages

Sounds like that go could go bad for you very quick. If you've made book and it's not a cardinal, own up to it so you aren't looking over your shoulder. It'll suck but knowing the on roads I've worked with, they will weasel out of any blame for this and your ass will get burned for trying to cover up whatever happened.

Upsbeerman

No cover up on my end and not on my 30 day. Snowy icy day. Kinda ripped a guys dway apart. We had 2 accidents the same week. Got a conference call saying you could pay the homeowner or not work for 2 weeks. But keep this between us.

Rack em

Made the Podium
Don't be an idiot, always report EVERY accident no matter how big or small. If you reported the accident immediately and have a relatively good record then they can't suspend you anyways. The worst they can do for property damage in a driveway is a warning letter if you've been clean of accidents for 9 months.

Sounds like you supervisor is trying to keep and accident off the books and trying to stick you with the bill to pay for it. Own up to the property damage and accept your warning letter, let Ups pay for the damages like they always do. Then file an article 37 grievance on this dip :censored2: supervisor for trying to coerce you into doing something like this.

Rack em

Made the Podium
Wasnt an accident. Snow ice mud. Whatever. Tore up some ground that i didnt even think was the home owners. Go :censored2: yourself secret supervisor.
Property damage is considered an accident. I think you should re read my post because I was actually trying to help you. If you want to pay for the damages instead of taking a warning letter then go right ahead, but in my opinion that is the wrong thing to do. I apologize I wasn't able to give you the response you were looking for and I apologize for the rough career you will have now because management now knows you're their bitch.

GenericUsername

Get him to say it to you over a text somehow then report that crap to HR. If you reported it and are in the right, you have nothing to worry about because you reported it. Granted, you should've probably never been in that driveway in the first place if you could've walked it off...

Brisket

No cover up on my end and not on my 30 day. Snowy icy day. Kinda ripped a guys dway apart. We had 2 accidents the same week. Got a conference call saying you could pay the homeowner or not work for 2 weeks. But keep this between us.

Were you on this conference call WITH a steward??!!! Asking since you never mentioned that.

Brisket

Is it normal for on roads to cut a side deal? Say you had a incident you didnt report but they worked it out so you could pay the home owner personally?and they dont have to report an accident.

Oh and why in the world would you NOT report it!?! That is covered on day 1 of class, now Integrity comes into play.

Brisket

Wasnt an accident. Snow ice mud. Whatever. Tore up some ground that i didnt even think was the home owners. Go :censored2: yourself secret supervisor.

Park on the apron and walk that off ( even if it’s cold, rainy- if not you can always call your Sup to see what they want you to do)

Boywondr

The truth never changes.
Where, in your contract, does it say that you are responsible to pay for accidental damage to the general public's property or be disciplined?

Is it past 30 days since you allegedly did property damage?

Overpaid Union Thug

But also told you if you didnt you would be suspended for 2 weeks?
If you can afford to miss work for two weeks then do it.

NO

SIDE

DEALS!

They are trying to keep the accident off of a report at your expense. Literally! Take the suspension and grieve it immediately. You might avoid the suspension or get back pay after. It’s property damage so at worst you should be looking at a warning letter and a “safety ride.”

Boywondr

The truth never changes.
If you can afford to miss work for two weeks then do it.

NO

SIDE

DEALS!

They are trying to keep the accident off of a report at your expense. Literally! Take the suspension and grieve it immediately. You might avoid the suspension or get back pay after. It’s property damage so at worst you should be looking at a warning letter and a “safety ride.”
Depending on when the company had knowledge of the accident it could be too late to discipline.