Pay the home owner or get suspended?

542thruNthru

Other than if this was my 3rd accident in 9 months. There is absolutely no way I would ever pay for damage I've done with a UPS truck.

@Upsbeerman do you have a lot of accidents? Do you have any with in the last year? What did your shop steward say?

I don't see how they can suspend you for 2 weeks for messing up a drive way.

Like i said this sounds like a joke.

Fido

Don’t worry he’s friendly
Had some dude here drive up to some ladys house down a dirt road after it had been raining. Realized there was no turn around when he got there so he backed up into her yard and bogged down and tried to unstick himself. :censored2:ed up her yard. He reported it and ups payed for it. I would never pay for any damage I do on the job. That's why I walk everything off anyways. Also his punishment wasn't a suspension; they put him on a 200 mile a day country route for a whole week blind. Basically to make him walk off every stop.

BadIdeaGuy

Staff member
I work in one of the bigger delivery centers in the country, and this stuff (taking care of property damage without making it official) happens all the time. Maybe not the conference call though, I've never heard that one before.
I know a guy who was qualifying.

Took out a mailbox on route. Talked to the homeowners and agreed to fix it on the side.
He never went back out there though. They ended up getting fed up, and called it in.
He got DQed, (and darned lucky he didn't get fired for integrity).

Fido

Took out a mailbox on route. Talked to the homeowners and agreed to fix it on the side.
He never went back out there though. They ended up getting fed up, and called it in.
He stupid I would of went to Lowe’s and went back that day

Fido

For the love of God.
This isn't a formal letter.
Everyone knew what he meant, and he didn't need correcting. Shut up, and go away.
Some people just enjoy correcting others too much. Sense of empowerment to make others feel belittled. In reality they’re just a dick.

Sissy Brown Short Shorts

It is not uncommon for a driver who tore up someone's yard to make a side deal with the homeowner to repair the damage in exchange for him/her not reporting the incident.

It is very uncommon for the deal to be made on a conference call and for it to be in lieu of a two week suspension.
I’ve seen this happen twice. Driver bought some sod and dirt and fixed it up for them. The supervisor deal? That’s nuts. I’d love to see what their local would say about that. I bet that meeting didn’t have a steward there.

Boywondr

The truth never changes.

They dont fire supervisors in training.

Yolo

If you ever tear up a yard or knock over a mailbox just call one of your degenerate buddies and have him run over the tire tracks in his personal vehicle.