Pay Them Union Dues, Sucka!

Indecisi0n

Supes handling packages? Check. Managers handling packages? Yep. Egress? Never heard of it. 70# irregs tumbling down and off the slide? You betcha. Water? Bring your own or make out with one of the low-pressure, mucous/bird-crap encrusted water fountains. I'm not here to badmouth the Union, but aside from bailing some folks out of bad situations (which, in their defense, they're quite proficient at) there isn't much else that seems to get done. Is it time to sign up and go on a filing spree or continue witholding and cross my fingers that the Union still has my back when/if disciplinary action rears its ugly head? Because I'd feel like a doofus grieving a write-up while never having paid an initiation fee, much less dues. Stewards used to come around and talk to non-members about signing up, but that was years ago...
If you're not filling YOU are the problem because we are the union.

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
Am I cosidered a leech because I'm not a Union Member orrrr...? I show up every day, on time, follow the methods and help out whenever I can. My prime directive is to get the drivers out the door ASAP with the best looking load I can cram into the freakin' truck.
Yes, you are a leech.

trickpony1

I'm not here to badmouth the Union, but aside from bailing some folks out of bad situations (which, in their defense, they're quite proficient at) there isn't much else that seems to get done.

What else would you like them to do?

Someday you'll find yourself in one of those "bad situations" whether it was your fault or not.

Like I said before, "I bet the company loves you.".

I'm guessing you are treated well...not necessarily because you are female but because you are their token "non union" employee and others will observe how you are treated.

Have you done any research on the history of unions? Are you aware the founder of UPS, James Casey, invited the Teamsters to bargain for the employees?

It looks like there's a lot you don't know or haven't thought about.

SolidWoodPanel

Probably the Greatest American Alive
All those sups and managers aren’t handling packages. They are touching them for demonstration purposes.
Wrong, they are covertly seeding misloads, while you are working your arse off. You see a sup near your truck, ask what they need. If it's a rescan, bring it out to them. Otherwise, tell them to piss off.

IESucks

Am I cosidered a leech because I'm not a Union Member orrrr...? I show up every day, on time, follow the methods and help out whenever I can. My prime directive is to get the drivers out the door ASAP with the best looking load I can cram into the freakin' truck.
When you get hurt you will see how much they care about your efforts. Your union won't care either.

Ms. Sort

Package Handler
Wrong, they are covertly seeding misloads, while you are working your arse off. You see a sup near your truck, ask what they need. If it's a rescan, bring it out to them. Otherwise, tell them to piss off.
Yep. Seen this happen. Been a while tbough. Our facility is short on supes.

Ms. Sort

Package Handler
What do you make a hour? $13 or so? You can't afford to pay 32.50 a month to the people that defend you and work to make sure you have benefits, pension and a raise every year? I bet you spend more then that on Starbucks in a week.

So yes you are a leech. There is a cure for it though but something tells me you're not worth the time I'm taking to write this.

Ouch. Not a Starbucks gal. And what's the cure for my leechentricity? Don't leave me hanging.