Pay/timecard help!

UPSer_BC

I am a full time package driver with over 90 days on the job. My timecard is always showing pay actual and not pay guarantee. I think I am getting underpaid; what am I supposed to enter in for pay code and subgroup? Supervisor says anything is fine but I don’t believe him..he doesn’t seem to care. Sometimes I enter 05 and sometimes 06 but it always says ‘pay actual’.

Attachments

• 657807B4-2FBA-4BC2-92B6-78A81D7AE151.jpeg
    657807B4-2FBA-4BC2-92B6-78A81D7AE151.jpeg
    298.5 KB · Views: 170
I am a full time package driver with over 90 days on the job. My timecard is always showing pay actual and not pay guarantee. I think I am getting underpaid; what am I supposed to enter in for pay code and subgroup? Supervisor says anything is fine but I don’t believe him..he doesn’t seem to care. Sometimes I enter 05 and sometimes 06 but it always says ‘pay actual’.
05 is time worked only

JJinVA

Even if I punch 06 it still shows pay actual...also what is Sub Group?
you can code 06, but unless you work 8 hours or more the OMS will likely change it to 05 unless you go in and demand your 8 hours. Sup Group is which areas you are running

Fido

Don’t worry he’s friendly
Even if I punch 06 it still shows pay actual...also what is Sub Group?
Do you never notice your diad randomly changing time card information during the day? It shows it as a notification on the diad. Unless the oms is changing it off your clock in which I would go in there raising absolute hell

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
you can code 06, but unless you work 8 hours or more the OMS will likely change it to 05 unless you go in and demand your 8 hours. Sup Group is which areas you are running
Plus if you don’t take your full lunch they will likely code it pay actual no matter what.

AKCoverMan

Here if they change from 06 to 05 they supposed to have you sign timecard correction log. If you are a full time employee with contractual guarantee don’t use code 05 always code 06. I mean unless you just want to be short paid.

And of course none of this matters as long as you are working eight hours, code 05 and 06 will pay the same.

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star

It's only an issue if you work less than 8 hrs. I think most places have an 8 hr guarantee of some sort or another.

Cloud

Unless you are running a split route, a training route, or a really really light day (like who are we kidding), it's rare to finish before 8 hours. And if you do finish early, you get an extra bonus to go to the UPS store for a pickup/sweep. I find that the pay code really doesn't matter as much as making sure that your start time / end time is correct.

Cloud

Are you consistently under-dispatched? How many stops and miles? I find it hard to believe that you can consistently get under 8 hour days.

Jarzola23

Another question on topic for time. Is there a difference between working 6 days out of the week! Or working over 40 hours per week?

At my hub in the Chesapeake region, they automatically dock drivers’ time cards one (1) hour each day for lunch, regardless of whether they had time to actually take a lunch or not!

So, what ends up happening is literally dozens of drivers end up taking “lunch” one way or another, hanging around the hub or the parking lot bull:censored2:ting with their holstered DIADz for an hour at night after their return each night. Then, after that, they clock out and dock their DIADz back in the center office. That way, these drivers won’t be missing 5 to 6 hours pay from their checks each week.

This seems fundamentally unfair, and likely flies in the face of the CBA, and is likely patently unlawful, but, that’s the current status quo here.

At my hub in the Chesapeake region, they automatically dock drivers’ time cards one (1) hour each day for lunch, regardless of whether they had time to actually take a lunch or not!

So, what ends up happening is literally dozens of drivers end up taking “lunch” one way or another, hanging around the hub or the parking lot bull*ting with their holstered DIADz for an hour at night after their return each night. Then, after that, they clock out and dock their DIADz back in the center office. That way, these drivers won’t be missing 5 to 6 hours pay from their checks each week.

This seems fundamentally unfair, and likely flies in the face of the CBA, and is likely patently unlawful, but, that’s the current status quo here.
They all need to take their lunch in the middle of the day....

NAHimGOOD

Nothing to see here.... Move along.
Pick one (06) and stick with it.

When you are inconsistent it gives management excuses for their inconsistent solutions.