Is there a reason why UPS is not paying their employees before the holiday?
Every employer that I have worked for paid you before the holiday.

Jackburton

Gone Fish'n
In my mind the company is so clueless it almost makes them look deviant. I use to think they did these things just to piss us off. Truth is they are on a level of stupid that no normal brain can comprehend which makes them come off this way.
This should be put in a sticky, it would answer so many questions about the company that start with “Why?”

Nimnim

The Nim
We should get our checks today, dated for Friday.

They might not get the check today as their center/hub/whatever wants them there Friday, but as you said the check would be dated for Friday and getting it 2 days early won't matter. If they're that worried about getting the check they should just sign up for direct deposit, There's online banks out there that cost you nothing and even give you a better interest on your nonexistent savings.

They might not get the check today as their center/hub/whatever wants them there Friday, but as you said the check would be dated for Friday and getting it 2 days early won't matter. If they're that worried about getting the check they should just sign up for direct deposit, There's online banks out there that cost you nothing and even give you a better interest on your nonexistent savings.
Personally I'm not concerned