paycheck errors

When I started double-shifting I started keeping track of my hours. I probably should have been doing it all year based on the errors so far. I tell my wife the start time, call her with the time I clock out and she enters in into a spreadsheet. At the end of the week I get a printout of the time report that she compares to her spreadsheet

In the last three weeks there have been five days where I had clock time but it was not reflected in that report, all on my own shift. My wife very carefully and in specific detail with dates/times wrote up each incident. I turned it in to my full-time sup today who gave it back to my pt sup to take care of.

Well, he was leaving when I took my son in at midnight for his shift and informed me that they can only find one day where I was not paid correctly out of the five incidents I reported. This is almost $600 and they can only find one missing day even with it spelled out with dates/times/hours worked that do not show on the report.

At what point do I go higher and/or file a grievance?

oldandcrabby

When I started double-shifting I started keeping track of my hours. I probably should have been doing it all year based on the errors so far. I tell my wife the start time, call her with the time I clock out and she enters in into a spreadsheet. At the end of the week I get a printout of the time report that she compares to her spreadsheet

In the last three weeks there have been five days where I had clock time but it was not reflected in that report, all on my own shift. My wife very carefully and in specific detail with dates/times wrote up each incident. I turned it in to my full-time sup today who gave it back to my pt sup to take care of.

Well, he was leaving when I took my son in at midnight for his shift and informed me that they can only find one day where I was not paid correctly out of the five incidents I reported. This is almost $600 and they can only find one missing day even with it spelled out with dates/times/hours worked that do not show on the report.

At what point do I go higher and/or file a grievance?

Take it all to your union steward. This happened to my son about 3yrs ago during peak and he got his money plus penalty pay.

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
I use this new thing called pen and paper. Calling the wife?
upload_2015-12-16_7-24-4.jpeg

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
My husband keeps track of all his hours in his Teamster 2015 pocket planner. All done old school but that is what works for him.
Not complicated stuff. I can figure out a weeks worth of time in the amount of time it takes to turn on the computer but to each their own.

You should of went to the sup 3 weeks ago and filed the day they refused to pay
Wife only compared the spreadsheet to the check stub Saturday, so the first refusal to pay other than the one admitted error was yesterday.

Not a problem though - downloaded and printed grievance form from local website, its all finished and going to work with me today.

Last edited:

By The Book

Wife only compared the spreadsheet to the check stub Saturday, so the first refusal to pay other than the one admitted error was yesterday.

Not a problem though - downloaded and printed grievance form from local website, its all finished and going to work with me today.
You have up to a certain amount of time to file a grievance. Sometimes 30 days, sometimes more. Call your business agent and have him do a payroll inquiry with a printout. If they will do this for you or your steward, start there. I hope your not looking to be paid for the time you punch in before your start time.

MendozaJ

Don't wait to speak to your steward. Go to your local union website. Print out a few grievance forms. You're going to need them. Hand one in to your steward tomorrow.

You have up to a certain amount of time to file a grievance. Sometimes 30 days, sometimes more. Call your business agent and have him do a payroll inquiry with a printout. If they will do this for you or your steward, start there. I hope your not looking to be paid for the time you punch in before your start time.

All I want is pay for the hours I worked - from the scheduled start time until I punch out. Time report shows start time, my punch out, then no hours in the column where the hours are shown for every other day.

oldandcrabby

Husband completely agrees with you. He also said never have to worry about the pocket planner crashing.

Hey by the way I am really enjoying the Subaru. Son is calling it the Mom mobile with kick butt JVC system. That system has more buttons and gadgets that I will leave to him to figure out and show me how to work it after peak.

clean hairy

Husband and are laughing hard right now. Husband says what about the rocket boost?
You bought the base model, not the RB (Rocket Boost) edition! (there were only 73 made, and it was a $15,000 option.) The jet fuel for the Rocket Boost cost $400 each time you activated it!
Oh! And there were issues with the oil slick putting oil in FRONT of your tires, instead of putting the oil behind the vehicle!