paycheck

HEFFERNAN

Huge Member
Optional week and vacation mean 2 different things at UPS

Vacations you earn
Optional weeks you make yourself using your personal and sick days
That's why it is shown seperate

hotsplash

ok to see if i got it right i have been here for about a year and a half part timer vac 5.00 D means 5 vacation days opd 1.00 D means 1 optional day opw 0.00 H means 0 optional weeks and oth 4.00 H means 4 hours sick day (wouldn't that be a day for me part timer) D means day H means hour i ask because at work i person i asked about it says the h stood for days didnt sound right to me

HEFFERNAN

Huge Member
4 hours would be a paid day for you as a part timer

For FT drivers, my paycheck showed this last May

VAC - 3.00 w

OPD - 24.00 h

OTH - 40.00 h

Means 3 weeks vacation, OPD (optional day(sick)) was 8 hr x 3 days, and OTH was my optional week (the remaining 5 personal and sick days) 8 hr x 5 days

bluehdmc

ok to see if i got it right i have been here for about a year and a half part timer vac 5.00 D means 5 vacation days opd 1.00 D means 1 optional day opw 0.00 H means 0 optional weeks and oth 4.00 H means 4 hours sick day (wouldn't that be a day for me part timer) D means day H means hour i ask because at work i person i asked about it says the h stood for days didnt sound right to me

In NJ opw stands for option week, oth is sick time in hours. Full time in NJ gets 45hrs straight time pay for vacations. and 45hrs pay straight time for option week, option weeks are chosen when we chose our vacations, option days are supposed to be told the day before. You can't take your option day between Thanksgiving and Christmas. For feeder drivers we can choose to work our option day, get paid 8 hrs plus double time for every hour worked, don't know how it works for part timers. We also get an "anniversary day" which there isn't a spot for on your check. As I stated in your other post, check with payroll.

brownrodster

Optional week and vacation mean 2 different things at UPS

Vacations you earn
Optional weeks you make yourself using your personal and sick days
That's why it is shown seperate

No.

In my supplement we get 5 optional days per year. 1 optional week per year. 5 sick days per year in additon to our yearly vacation.

If we don't use the optional days and week they are paid out at the end of the year. Or we can choose to have them paid out whenever we want.

vacations are 45 hours. option week is 40 hours. option day is 8 hours

HEFFERNAN

Huge Member
No.

In my supplement we get 5 optional days per year. 1 optional week per year. 5 sick days per year in additon to our yearly vacation.

If we don't use the optional days and week they are paid out at the end of the year.

vacations are 45 hours. option week is 40 hours. option day is 8 hours
I don't understand your argument
That is how it plays out in New England
So I am not wrong

Even in your area, vacations and optional weeks are different

We can all agree that all the regional supplement contracts are not the same, so the number of days off are different.

Last edited: