paychecks Christmas week

Scottyhawk

What is it? A brown box. Duh
That is nice that you all say Friday is a regular day, but pay checks are not issued on Friday, they are dated and issued on Thursday ( in my area ). Are different areas paid on different days? I do not know that, and if your every week pay stub has a Friday date then I guess you get paid Friday. However based on the day of the week I am paid on, checks will be issued on Wednesday, not arbitrarily changed to Friday

Moneythehardway

Well if Thanksgiving is any indication, it will be DATED for friday but if you have direct deposit it will be in your bank account on christmas.

At least that's how it went for thanksgiving here. Money was in my account that thursday even though we had to work friday after thanksgiving.

Kae3106

There has been some debate around my hub regarding Christmas week paychecks. Will they be paid early or on Friday as usual?

OK, here's the official story. If you normally have a Thursday check date, your check will be dated for Wednesday. If you normally have a Friday check date, your check will be dated for Friday. (Same thing for next week as New Years Day is a bank holiday)

Since Thursday is a holiday, Payroll is working on Sunday this week and next week to get the payroll processed early and the live checks sent out to the centers for Wednesday distribution. All payrolls will be completed and the direct deposit information transmitted to the banks by Tuesday afternoon. Your bank/credit union may CHOOSE to make the funds available to you early or wait until the actual check date to put it into your account...it's up to the individual institution, not UPS.

browner89

We were paid on Wednesday for Thanksgiving because Black Friday is a holiday for most, including us, I don't see the same treatment for Christmas or New Years.

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
OK, here's the official story. If you normally have a Thursday check date, your check will be dated for Wednesday. If you normally have a Friday check date, your check will be dated for Friday. (Same thing for next week as New Years Day is a bank holiday)

Since Thursday is a holiday, Payroll is working on Sunday this week and next week to get the payroll processed early and the live checks sent out to the centers for Wednesday distribution. All payrolls will be completed and the direct deposit information transmitted to the banks by Tuesday afternoon. Your bank/credit union may CHOOSE to make the funds available to you early or wait until the actual check date to put it into your account...it's up to the individual institution, not UPS.
My DD will be available next week by 8am on Tuesday...I love my bank!

Babagounj

Strength through joy
x-mas is a bank holiday , with many closing early on the 24th .
I can wait until Friday , I'll blame all my late payments on the USPS .