paychecks Christmas week

Scottyhawk

What is it? A brown box. Duh
Not clear why some people receive Friday pay date and others have Thursday pay dates. As I stated earlier my pay advice shows a 12-24 pay date and the check posted this morning. So I have to assume the same will happen next week which will mean 1 more pay check under this calander year

Kae3106

Got my check this morning. Does this weeks ck count for this yr. Or, the start of next?
It's very simple: if the check is dated 2014, it's 2014 earnings. If the check is dated 2015, it's 2015 earnings. It doesn't matter when you performed the work...all that matters for the W-2 is the date on the check.

Similarly, if you are taking vacation in January but the check is paid to you in advance in December, it goes into 2014 earnings even though it is for a vacation week in 2015.

Since the work performed for Christmas week will be paid on January 2, there will be a lot of helpers from this season who will receive both a 2014 and a 2015 W-2 because of the way the paychecks fell into different years.

Kae3106

Not clear why some people receive Friday pay date and others have Thursday pay dates. As I stated earlier my pay advice shows a 12-24 pay date and the check posted this morning. So I have to assume the same will happen next week which will mean 1 more pay check under this calander year

There are a couple of locals that have a Thursday pay date written into their contract.

There will be no more paychecks issued with 2014 check dates this year. Next week's pay will have a Jan 2, 2015 date on it for all locals, even the ones that usually have a Thursday check date.

brownmonster

Man of Great Wisdom
Thank you kae for explaining what seems obvious. My check stub shows year to date. When it shows 1700 instead of 90,000 I figure it's a new year.

YoshiGreen

I'm a driver's helper that just finished up on the 24th. I never got my pay on the 24th so I presumed I would get it by the mail. Friday (yesterday) I never got it and today the mail just came and surprise, it never came! Plus, I never got paid for my 2 hours of training back on the 28th of November despite my driver complaining about it. Guess I'm calling HR (IF I can even get though) on Monday!