paychecks lost!!!!!

townes

Ups in Philadelphia lost our paychecks!!! How can we lose our own employees paychecks? This says a lot about our next day air service!! The company and local 623 have no answers!! Hungry in Philly

townes

Some of us cannot have a bank account you guys must not work in urban areas. Not everywhere has white picket fences

Sent using BrownCafe App

somebodiesgot

Not to mention there is plenty of pre-paid debit cards that offer direct deposit, though there is a fee.... for convenience.

I'm from the area and know plenty of people in philly with DD.

Last edited:

HEFFERNAN

Huge Member
Some of us cannot have a bank account you guys must not work in urban areas. Not everywhere has white picket fences

Sent using BrownCafe App

Tom-Hanks-orly.gif

Sent using BrownCafe App
Anyone can have a bank account. I grew up hood and graduated to adult. I'm betting I had the same some worse some better going against me and I established a checking and savings account right when I turned 18. Take ownership in yourself. Know body is going to buy stock in you till you until you make it actractive.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
Not that it should ever be a problem but if you're ever on the line of loan or no loan them personally knowing u could be the difference.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

While you Philly boys are setting up your direct deposits take a moment to consider going paperless as well. I have been paperless direct since it was first offered and I do not miss the paper paystubs at all. I go to upsers every Thursday morning to check my paystub and, if there is an error, I print it and highlight the error(s) so that my mgt team can begin the process. The only paper paystub that you really need is the end of year stub, which you can use to do your taxes.

Fedex Guy

Sent using BrownCafe App

I didn't know urban areas are the only places you can open a bank account.

Just to be clear, I don't work for FedEx. Crazy I know.

Kis124

UPS also has a direct deposit pay card. Doesn't cost anything to take money out from 7-eleven or wawa arms.

Sent using BrownCafe App

HEFFERNAN

Huge Member
How can you be employed and not have a bank account in the year 2014 ? No bank account = No savings = Living paycheck to paycheck = No credit = Not living the American dream

One thing since I moved to a credit union 4 years ago, I have not written a paper check out ever. Everything has been electronic. I still have half a book of forever stamps here in the drawer and not sure if I ever will use them again. I brought this up to my parents last week and they were astounded. They don't trust computers and still mail out their bills. I have some work to do with them :beafraid:

Last edited:

Richard Harrow

Deplorable.
How can you be employed and not have a bank account in the year 2014 ? No bank account = No savings = Living paycheck to paycheck = No credit = Not living the american dream

One thing since I moved to a credit union 4 years ago, I have not written a paper check out ever. Everything has been electronic. I still have half a book of forever stamps here in the drawer and not sure if I ever will use them again. I brought this up to my parents last week and they were astounded. They don't trust computers and still mail out their bills. I have some work to do with them :beafraid:

My father is 61 and has no idea on how to navigate the Internet, nor does he have the desire. I can't fathom it.

As far as banks go, when I was a kid my grandmother lived with us. She was born in 1920, grew up on very hard times during the depression. She always told my father that if there were ever a fire in our home, he absolutely needed to get her mattress outside. She would literally keep thousands and thousands of dollars stuffed in there because her father told her after the crash of 1929 to never, ever trust a bank.