Paying for packages

quad decade guy

You're not witty, stop trying. And I need nothing from you, but I can offer tips on how to save, invest, and retire young so you don't have to work for 40 years. Too late I guess. Shrug.
That's ok. I'll just keep making bank. Say, why is such a savvy banker like yourself bottom feeding on BC? A young person such as yourself that has the world by the short hairs...You typing from the South of France there Bill(Gates)? Say, isn't warren Buffet still working? Maybe you should call him. I'm sure he could use some tips. Cheers!

That's ok. I'll just keep making bank. Say, why is such a savvy banker like yourself bottom feeding on BC? A young person such as yourself that has the world by the short hairs...You typing from the South of France there Bill(Gates)? Say, isn't warren Buffet still working? Maybe you should call him. I'm sure he could use some tips. Cheers!

You're comparing yourself to a billionaire who works for himself, nice.

I'm no banker and definitely not a young kid, just a truck driver with an education. Someone who took initiative to learn and pay attention to detail. Someone who doesn't need parentheses to explain my punchlines. And now that you've offered a segue to come full-circle back to where our conversation started, I have as much business offering Warren Buffett financial advice as you do telling package drivers how to do their jobs.

quad decade guy

I'm no banker and definitely not a young kid, just a truck driver with an education. Someone who took initiative to learn and pay attention to detail. Someone who doesn't need parentheses to explain my punchlines. And now that you've offered a segue to come full-circle back to where our conversation started, I have as much business offering Warren Buffett financial advice as you do telling package drivers how to do their jobs.
Ok...God. Say, smart guy(with an education no less), what ya doin bottom feeding here on BC? Doin the same job as me? Sure you aren't mgt.? (They don't listen either....)(parentheses bother you?) Splendid. Btw, you need to get a refund on that edumacation. All it netted you was a truck driver job?

Ok...God. Say, smart guy(with an education no less), what ya doin bottom feeding here on BC? Doin the same job as me? Sure you aren't mgt.? (They don't listen either....)(parentheses bother you?) Splendid. Btw, you need to get a refund on that edumacation. All it netted you was a truck driver job?

Yes, a lucrative trucking job that has allowed me to develop a near seven figure portfolio with ten years left. I should be ashamed, I definitely got the short end of the stick.

quad decade guy

Yes, a lucrative trucking job that has allowed me to develop a near seven figure portfolio with ten years left. I should be ashamed, I definitely got the short end of the stick.
Dime a dozen at UPS. So bright boy(that's really just like the rest of us), again why would such a savvy, sophisticated guy drive a truck? No really a serious question. Or go into mgt. on the fast track where the real bucks are?

quad decade guy

Only compared myself in age(as in lot's of folks work until normal retirement age). It's normal. In the end, you actually have no idea of anyone's circumstances, "portfolio", whatever. No actual facts. Initiative and detail? That's it? From a truck driver? The person who cleans toilets can "pay attention to detail". Special indeed.

Last edited:
Dime a dozen at UPS. So bright boy(that's really just like the rest of us), again why would such a savvy, sophisticated guy drive a truck? No really a serious question. Or go into mgt. on the fast track where the real bucks are?

Never claimed to be savvy or sophisticated, your words, what I've done is simple. I left a corporate management position to take a stress-free job. Best move I ever made. Might be less money, but worth it overall.

Only compared myself in age(as in lot's of folks work until normal retirement age). It's normal. In the end, you actually have no idea of anyone's circumstances, "portfolio", whatever. No actual facts. Initiative and detail? That's it? From a truck driver? The person who cleans toilets can "pay attention to detail". Special indeed.

Again, never claimed to be special, your words. I don't care about your circumstances or portfolio. This started because you felt the need to condescendingly spew nonsense and tell a current package driver how to do a job you no nothing about. Congrats on 40 years man, that really is cool, but longevity in the company doesn't mean you know how it works.

JoesUPSacct

Swollen Member
Like a drug deal.
Hair stores always rcv the majority of CODs. They also get the most deliveries everyday. Might be drugs in them boxes.
i have a comic book store and a tshirt printing shop on my route that always get cod's, anywhere from 2k-15k every damn day. one day the comic book store had a single box cod over 14k. i had to call my sup because i was told never to take a single check over 10k so they wrote 2 checks. problem is, the new board update doesn't allow multiple checks for a cod. my ors actually drove out to meet me there and after 45 minutes with no resolution, he had me sheet it up as 1 check.

quad decade guy

Never claimed to be savvy or sophisticated, your words, what I've done is simple. I left a corporate management position to take a stress-free job. Best move I ever made. Might be less money, but worth it overall.

Again, never claimed to be special, your words. I don't care about your circumstances or portfolio. This started because you felt the need to condescendingly spew nonsense and tell a current package driver how to do a job you no nothing about. Congrats on 40 years man, that really is cool, but longevity in the company doesn't mean you know how it works.
Well, that's your take on it. And so? But you did take a shot at me about my finances and alluded to why I was still working. Based on no evidence whatsoever. And offered advice. Now, why would I take advice from an admitted failure? Someone who couldn't hack it in the corporate world?

Know nothing about? Speaking of...I delivered pkg car for 15 years. I'm a Circle of Honor driver and never had an OJI(lost time)-in 40 years. Started pkg with paper and an ink pen. We didn't even have NDA. The job hasn't changed very much. Grab a pkg and walk it to the door. Don't make it out to be more than it is. Not that hard, not that special. Well, what you call nonsense got me through without paying for pkgs or getting fired. Of which I've seen plenty. I ran the same route for 14 years. Grew up with my customers. Knew them. They knew me. Gave each other Christmas gifts. I also protected my customers. I was told from the very beginning: We only make money at pickup....everything else is an expense. Without shippers, we don't exist. To wit: Notice the damage fromTucker Carlson's revelation of pkg pilfering. We looked really incompetent. So, I may "know nothing about" delivering pkgs and "spew nonsense" but a new driver or someone(that's not so full of themselves) might take a few minutes to listen.

Well, that's your take on it. And so? But you did take a shot at me about my finances and alluded to why I was still working. Based on no evidence whatsoever. And offered advice. Now, why would I take advice from an admitted failure? Someone who couldn't hack it in the corporate world?

Know nothing about? Speaking of...I delivered pkg car for 15 years. I'm a Circle of Honor driver and never had an OJI(lost time)-in 40 years. Started pkg with paper and an ink pen. We didn't even have NDA. The job hasn't changed very much. Grab a pkg and walk it to the door. Don't make it out to be more than it is. Not that hard, not that special. Well, what you call nonsense got me through without paying for pkgs or getting fired. Of which I've seen plenty. I ran the same route for 14 years. Grew up with my customers. Knew them. They knew me. Gave each other Christmas gifts. I also protected my customers. I was told from the very beginning: We only make money at pickup....everything else is an expense. Without shippers, we don't exist. To wit: Notice the damage fromTucker Carlson's revelation of pkg pilfering. We looked really incompetent. So, I may "know nothing about" delivering pkgs and "spew nonsense" but a new driver or someone(that's not so full of themselves) might take a few minutes to listen.
34d5fdf366926927cbfd89019ec78eec.gif

Deflecting. A sign of defeat.

Defeat? You posted your resumé, I didn't know that was a swing of the sword.

Yes, I took a shot at you after you babbled in an I coherent post about how did you or UPS make it without me. You offered advice to a driver contrary to what UPS instructs them to do across the country in the training class you don't even know about. You are out of touch with the methods of package driving, understandable when you work sleeper, but you're sure you aren't, and that just leads to your condescending tone coming across as ignorant.

Calling me a failure is just a cheap poke with no substance, sorry for not acknowledging that, didn't know it would hurt your feelings.

And literally nobody cares about your circle jerk of bull:censored2:, including many of the drivers in it.

quad decade guy

Defeat? You posted your resumé, I didn't know that was a swing of the sword.

Yes, I took a shot at you after you babbled in an I coherent post about how did you or UPS make it without me. You offered advice to a driver contrary to what UPS instructs them to do across the country in the training class you don't even know about. You are out of touch with the methods of package driving, understandable when you work sleeper, but you're sure you aren't, and that just leads to your condescending tone coming across as ignorant.

Calling me a failure is just a cheap poke with no substance, sorry for not acknowledging that, didn't know it would hurt your feelings.

And literally nobody cares about your circle jerk of bull*, including many of the drivers in it.
I give what I get. Cheap poke? What goes around comes around...friend. My responses are as "no substance" as yours. See? My "methods' will get you a long career. Carry on.