Payroll Department

Kae3106

can anyone tell me what af tax and bf tax that is what i saw on my paycheck this is the first time ever

BF tax is used for deductions which lower your taxable wages. Examples could be traditional 401k, health insurance premiums, health savings contributions...any deductions that are considered pre-tax. So if you made $1000/check and put $100 into your 401k, your federal tax would be calculated on the remaining $900. This is why there is often a difference between your annual gross wages and the amount on your W-2. The W-2 shows the wages less these pre-taxable items.

AF tax is used for deductions which do not lower your taxable wages. Examples could be Roth 401k, legal coverage...deductions you signed up for with your benefits elections that are paid with after tax funds. So if you made $1000/check and paid $25 for supplemental legal coverage, your federal tax would be calculated on the $1000 total as you do not get a deduction for that particular item.

There are a variety of items that these could be, depending on what you signed up for. If you want specifics, ask your center to put in a payroll inquiry and they will tell you exactly what they are on your check.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Kae, I have heard that our W-2's this year will show the taxable value of our healthcare plans. We will not be taxed on this value but it will be shown for illustrative purposes only and that this is being done as part of Obamacare. Is this true?

Kae3106

Kae, I have heard that our W-2's this year will show the taxable value of our healthcare plans. We will not be taxed on this value but it will be shown for illustrative purposes only and that this is being done as part of Obamacare. Is this true?

This is true. It will be listed in Box 12, code DD.

BakerMayfield2018

Fight the power.
All I know is you will never ever,ever,ever be able to stop that stupid teamster drive donation I give $1 a week towards that I regret every paycheck.....,,

Karim5059

What's good everyone....I work in nj out of the Meadowlands station. I'm desperately trying to find a number or an email to contact the payroll department. I'm not sure how this happened, but there isn't no federal tax withheld from my check all year. My w2 form only withheld $162. And no state wages were withheld. I told manager that my tax guy told me he's unable to file my taxes because of this. But she's telling me that payroll says everything is fine. I spoke with HR but they aren't able to help with payroll questions. Sups and managers are the only ones that can submit an inquiry to payroll. I need help because I want to submit the inquiry

nWo

Were taxes not taken out all year or is the W2 showing wrong information? You can view your last paystub from 2020 on upsers. I unfortunately don't have a contact for payroll. But you can view and edit W4 info online.

ManInBrown

All I can tell you is try 1-855-877-4772. That’s the centralized UPS HR service center number. I’m in Nj also, and as far as I can tell Human Resources at the building level is gone. I had a problem a few months ago and was told I needed to contact local HR. Phone just rang no one ever picked up. When you call the number I gave you they are going to give you the local number. It’s useless. You won’t get anyone on the phone. Tell them that.

Shift Inhibit

He who laughs last didn't get it.
What's good everyone....I work in nj out of the Meadowlands station. I'm desperately trying to find a number or an email to contact the payroll department. I'm not sure how this happened, but there isn't no federal tax withheld from my check all year. My w2 form only withheld $162. And no state wages were withheld. I told manager that my tax guy told me he's unable to file my taxes because of this. But she's telling me that payroll says everything is fine. I spoke with HR but they aren't able to help with payroll questions. Sups and managers are the only ones that can submit an inquiry to payroll. I need help because I want to submit the inquiry
@burrheadd