Payroll Errors

box_beeyotch

After having my first experience this week that got me heavily fired up, I wanted to start a new thread and hear about any other payroll problems they have had in their current tenure with UPS?

Mr.Golden

Depends...I had a problem with it when I wasn't full time yet. I usually help out on the local sort after I drove. My check would show drive pay and part time pay. If I deliver or shuttle ground pkgs the pay should be driver pay no matter what else I do

box_beeyotch

None. I keep track of my hours daily. Write them down every night before I leave the building. I've never been shorted 1 minute of pay.

I keep track of my hours as well, which is exactly how I caught that someone had altered my time card for the day. It was corrected after I asked to see my timecard for the day, however I still made it a point to have a chat with my center manager while a steward was present.

seng

Can't get my pay check fixed. In August we got a raised but only for 8 hours on very check. I just need help to get the raise please help anyone. Its been 4 week very frustrating

T

Turdferguson

Are you saying that you only received a raise on 8 hours of pay on your first check in August and the pay rate went back to your old rate of pay after that?
If so contact your union Steward and explain situation to him or her. If you do not know who your Steward is contact the union hall in your area.

BrownThunder

UPS seriously needs to revisit their clock in/out system. I'm surprised it has gone on this long without more outcry.

How could something so elementary become so complicated? Simply find a system that works better, and implement it company wide. Shouldn't take more than a month to roll it out.

FrigidFTSup

Resident Suit
UPS seriously needs to revisit their clock in/out system. I'm surprised it has gone on this long without more outcry.

How could something so elementary become so complicated? Simply find a system that works better, and implement it company wide. Shouldn't take more than a month to roll it out.
What is so complicated about it?

AlphaMikeBravo

After having my first experience this week that got me heavily fired up, I wanted to start a new thread and hear about any other payroll problems they have had in their current tenure with UPS?

I had a ton of payroll problems when I first started out until I really started to pay attention to my hours. Lucky for me, I was able to find a supervisor that helped me look thru all my hours worked vs. hours logged in. I was reimbursed for all the hours that they missed, but after that I caught 2 more discrepancies in my paycheck which I reported right away and got paid for them the following week. After they caught on that I now keep track of my hours by way of an app on my smartphone, the discrepancies in my paycheck magically stopped.

In my experience, and from talking to a bunch of other hourly employees, payroll problems seem to be a natural occurrence, especially if you do work in different areas. In my opinion the corporate greed at UPS has created supervisors who partake in very unethical practices in regards to shorting employees on their pay. In addition, management will purposely try to see if they can get away without you noticing it.

I don't know how it is in other hubs but it seems to me that there are many supervisors at UPS that lack integrity. Out of the 6 supervisors I have worked under, I can honestly say that I only trust one, because his actions back up everything he tells me. The rest are just mini politicians that tell you what you want to hear just to keep you quiet.

We have to spread the word so that all our new teamster brothers and sisters know to keep track of their hours. The company makes plenty of money and they shouldn't be shorting the employees who work hard for them day in and day out.

BrownThunder

What is so complicated about it?

You come to work, clock in. You clock out and leave. Somehow magically the machine has not accurately counted your time properly.

You come into work early as requested to handle irregs. You clock in, and it says "too early". Your sup goes "it's fine, even if it says too early you're still good to go". You think nothing of it, but are shorted 4 hours.

Other than that, it works just fine.

There are countless examples of payroll systems that work great. All I ask is they take a look at them and make a decision.

I understand they can save a bunch of money by not paying their employees, but getting paid is why we come to work.

At this point everyone should know their system needs some tweaking. For them to know this and not take action makes me feel like their complicit with what's happening.

Let's get one of those do nothing suits to get on top of it.