Payroll funny business

AwashBwashCwash

I just got a deposit in my bank account for nearly $3,000.
The description for the transaction is PAYROLL UNITED PARCEL just like every week.
It also has my correct employee ID listed so I don't know how a mix up could be possible.
My check for that week should have been around $270.

No idea what is going on. Am I supposed to tell someone about this? How could this have even happened?

Last edited:

MarvelousMunata

The Scapegoat With Attitude
You might wanna go in and let them know. Or ask. Cuz if it is a mistake and they catch it theyll take all ur next paychecks to pay it back. Like you will. E working the next couple of weeks for free.

AwashBwashCwash

You might wanna go in and let them know. Or ask. Cuz if it is a mistake and they catch it theyll take all ur next paychecks to pay it back. Like you will. E working the next couple of weeks for free.

More like next couple of months.

Have you looked at your actual paycheck stub? What does it say it's for?

All I have is my online paycheck stub from UPSers. The value does not correspond to the deposit to my bank account.

AwashBwashCwash

Who exactly would I contact? I can't imagine bringing something like this up to my part-time sup. Who is the only management official I ever see.
And the last time I tried to contact UPS directly via phone it was entirely automated and impossible to speak to anyone.

trickpony1

Who exactly would I contact?

Write a letter expressing your thought and concerns, along with a copy of your incorrect direct deposit, and mail it Certified Mail Return Receipt Requested to your HR at your hub address.

You'll get the green receipt card showing the date they received it and by whom. File that card in a safe place.

MarvelousMunata

The Scapegoat With Attitude
Who exactly would I contact? I can't imagine bringing something like this up to my part-time sup. Who is the only management official I ever see.
And the last time I tried to contact UPS directly via phone it was entirely automated and impossible to speak to anyone.
Try the labor dep in ur building.

Ancient Alien

UPS Vacation
The description for the transaction is PAYROLL UNITED PARCEL just like every week.
It also has my correct employee ID listed so I don't know how a mix up could be possible.

No idea what is going on. Am I supposed to tell someone about this? How could this have even happened?
More than likely an accidental error. Maybe from all this work at home business.

Also, slightly possible they could be salting you just to see if you're an honest guy for their determination on any advancements in the future or any discipline they're thinking of giving you now.

Loss Prevention is still alive & kicking at UPS. Although, you didn't steal the $3,000. That's a small investment for management to make to see if they want to keep you over the long term. It's not just 5,10's & over/under. They want hard workers with integrity too.

Let your manager know. Take a witness for proof you did the right thing... and focus on no more zebra stripes on those package cars.

Last edited:

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star
Save the difference, inform them in writing of the overpayment.

Article 17

"When an employee notifes the Employer in writing of any ongoing overpayment, the employee’s increasing liability will cease fve (5) working days after the date of the written notifcation. The notif- cation shall be provided to the employee’s immediate supervisor or manager. "

Johney

Leave the money alone. They will likely find their error and not pay you for the next several weeks(of course without notifying you as to why). When this happens the money is yours. Keep track of your time and pay so they don't take back more than they gave you.

Phenom5

My seniority is 8 months before my seniority should be. I sat with my center manager and steward and told them I needed a letter signed by both parties that I am being overpaid for this reason. Center manager didnt care but said he acknowledged the conversation. Steward kept the paper as did I. No money can be taken from me from the date stated. Liability is only on you if nothing is written.

HEFFERNAN

Huge Member

Yeah, No one's going to notice that :rolleyes2::rolleyes2::rofl: