Payroll issues.

UPS0526

BrownAndDown
I was hired in Nov 2016 as seasonal for cover driving and preload. Went to driver school etc... the center I was first hired was full so I was ask to drive 30 miles one way to another center. The HR person said that with the driving distance my pay would be a flat rate of 18.75 a hour VS the normal 11.00 for preload but I would make that no matter if I drove or preloaded. So started on the preload through Christmas and never received the 18.75 I since then have been brought back to a permanent position closer to home. Still have not been compensated for the 4 week that I was cut 8.00 dollars a hour on those checks and have not had a lot of luck dealing with HR.. Who can i contact to get a issue like this resolved?

Turdferguson

Just a turd
I was hired in Nov 2016 as seasonal for cover driving and preload. Went to driver school etc... the center I was first hired was full so I was ask to drive 30 miles one way to another center. The HR person said that with the driving distance my pay would be a flat rate of 18.75 a hour VS the normal 11.00 for preload but I would make that no matter if I drove or preloaded. So started on the preload through Christmas and never received the 18.75 I since then have been brought back to a permanent position closer to home. Still have not been compensated for the 4 week that I was cut 8.00 dollars a hour on those checks and have not had a lot of luck dealing with HR.. Who can i contact to get a issue like this resolved?

Did you drive, or work preload during peak?

By contract you were paid correctly. The HR representative gave you bad information.

LeadBelly

Banned
Do you know if the local jurisdiction you worked in had a negotiated seasonal rate of pay for seasonals. Sometimes seasonals are hard to find and the starting seasonals wage is higher. Maybe you worked in another local without such an agreement on a higher negotiated wage. If you aren't in the union yet I'd inquire with HR.