#payupUPS

Status
Not open for further replies.

bizaddy

UPS Distribution Center of Howell, in violation of Michigan law, has not paid my son for over two weeks--and he's not the only one! He is supposed to get paid weekly, on Friday, and they are now two checks behind and telling him "maybe" they can pay him this Wednesday or "probably" this Friday. They won't take responsibility for the overdraft fees this has caused him to accrue due to bills that are automatically paid from his account and are uninterested in the damage this may be doing to his credit rating. One of his supervisors had told him that they might have a check for him tonight, (Monday) but he's home sick, so I said I'd go in to the Center to get it for him. Then he got a text saying no, once again they have no check. But now he's panicking because he's got more bills coming in this week and no way to pay the overdrafts he already has, and the fees are going to just keep accumulating. So I said I'd go in and ask what's going on.

Chris, the manager I spoke with, was dismissive and, in my opinion, rude--smirking and condescending throughout our conversation, stopping just short of eye-rolling. The problem was caused in the first place by an error in payroll and by repeated errors in the HR department--Chris never once apologized on behalf of UPS or offered any solution for making whole the damage or violation of the law. I don't know how UPS can get away with treating its employees this way. My son isn't a member of the union yet, because he's only worked there a few weeks (and now I can't see why he'd want to stay), so there's no one to protect him from these people. I've already loaned him what I can, and our rent is due soon, and we're really in a bind, now. I always used to think UPS was a good company, but I guess I know better, now.

hellfire

no one considers UPS people."real" Teamsters.-BUG
not showing up allready, only 2 weeks in.........dad going in to get desperately needed 100 bucks...somethins wrong

scooby0048

This page left intentionally blank
They won't take responsibility for the overdraft fees this has caused him to accrue due to bills that are automatically paid from his account and are uninterested in the damage this may be doing to his credit rating.

Maybe your SON should take his own responsibility for living paycheck to paycheck and not being prudent enough to make sure things like that don't happen.

My son isn't a member of the union yet, because he's only worked there a few weeks...One of his supervisors had told him that they might have a check for him but he's home sick, so I said I'd go in to the Center to get it for him.

LOL...only worked there a few weeks and already calling out...Tell little Johnny to put his big boy pants on and go to work and ask his shop steward what to do and then deal with his manager directly.

Maybe your SON should take his own responsibility for living paycheck to paycheck and not being prudent enough to make sure things like that don't happen.

LOL...only worked there a few weeks and already calling out...Tell little Johnny to put his big boy pants on and go to work and ask his shop steward what to do and then deal with his manager directly.
Mean @scooby0048

bizaddy

not showing up allready, only 2 weeks in.........dad going in to get desperately needed 100 bucks...somethins wrong

Good math skills. Actually it's over $400. And "a few" doesn't mean "2," it means three or more. He's actually worked there five weeks, but he has the flu. Since he works loading and as a driver's helper at UPS and then overnights at another job, he's really worn down. Being judgmental instead of helpful doesn't always win the Internet.

bizaddy

I can't begin to judge how your life is, because I don't know you. I only know that my son has significant medical bills to pay; he lives very modestly, but he was very sick earlier in the year and it's taking us a long time to pay the bills for that. It's hard to save up when you don't make much to begin with.

Will the steward help someone who isn't in the union?

scooby0048

This page left intentionally blank
Will the steward help someone who isn't in the union?
Yes they will help scab workers just like teamsters if your son is in a right to work state which, it sounds like he is in. Son needs to speak to the steward no matter what, there is a contract in place that covers payroll discrepancies like the one you noted.

iamupser

Grease Monkey
The CEO is going to be at the Detroit Economic Club tomorrow giving a speech. You can buy a ticket for $75 to attend and tell him 1st hand.

Box Ox

picard-facepalm.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.