PC seniority during PEAK

What'dyabringmetoday???

There is a free period which varies from region to region. I believe ours starts on or around Nov. 10 and lasts through the end of the year. You cannot gain seniority during the free period.
This information is incorrect. Well, the info about when free period begins is accurate, but not being able to gain seniority is incorrect.

oldngray

nowhere special
It depends on the region but here if you start before the free period starts, then your seniority goes back to your first day. If you don't start until free period has already started then you gain seniority the first day you work after free period (if you have worked enough days). This meant UPS would usually delay hiring people until free period had started.

BigBeef42

Im going for it.

I finally got to run a route as a utility driver on friday, 3/4 of the stops were businesses, 150 stops later, we got back to the building by 6pm.

Run my arse off yes, love every minute of it!

Its hard as heck, you FT'ers need way more props for what you do!

Less Runnin, More Stunnin

Last edited by a moderator:

UPSGUY72

Im going for it.

I finally got to run a route as a utility driver on friday, 3/4 of the stops were businesses, 150 stops later, we got back to the building by 6pm.

Run my arse off yes, love every minute of it, fugg yes!

Its hard as heck, you FT'ers need way more props for what you do!

That's good to hear.

Just remember this job isn't that hard if your doing it the right way. We do earn are money but the work isn't hard it's just steady.

Some drivers (new and old) make the job harder than it actually is because they can't follow methods and/or learn from there mistakes.

BigBeef42

It was hard, my on car supe kept telling me to move faster. He's actually a great guy and I wanted to impress him.

If i go FT later this year, NOW is my opportunity to make a name for myself. Im sure, they are going to hire a buttload of us for peak, they will only intend to keep a few of us when january comes.

I want to make sure that before my 30days starts, they know who i am and what i can do.

sportsjock

We had seasonal drivers (from the streets) and peak drivers (from the inside) Peak drivers started on October 25th and they made seniority in November. Seasonal drivers all drove until the second week on January then they "laid" them all off rehired them as "Preloaders" which they never worked Preload but continued to drive everyday. All of them got pushed through and made their seniority but one women. She pretty much disqualified herself when she brought the route back with stops left on it.

Sent using BrownCafe App

TooTechie

Geek in Brown
How are you guys making seniority during the free period? Here our guys can't make it until January but it's backdated once they make it.

BigBeef42

Talked with my shop steward today.

In my hub - if your hired as a ft driver youll get your 30days whenever hired. Even during peak. I was shocked to here it

Drivers specifically chosen and designated as (peak drivers), are hired off the street, will earn no seniority, and are laid off after peak.