Peak begins

Mechanic86

Turd Polishing Expert
Apparently according to our manager we have entered peak season in August lol, I haven't been with the company a long time but even I know this is bs. In Automotive they are already pushing for "no brown down" which means no red tags allowed while at the same time they are saying overtime isn't allowed. Is anybody else getting word of this through management already? Before you know it peak will be all year long.

MendozaJ

September through February here. I was surprised they hadn't adjusted start times for next week with school openings around the corner.

Rainman

Its all good.
We already are using all available cars. This week the trainers had a hard time finding PCs to use for the new driver training class.

locksmith

Apparently according to our manager we have entered peak season in August lol, I haven't been with the company a long time but even I know this is bs. In Automotive they are already pushing for "no brown down" which means no red tags allowed while at the same time they are saying overtime isn't allowed. Is anybody else getting word of this through management already? Before you know it peak will be all year long

Box Ox

The ORION route cuts at my center have made it peak for drivers and loaders every day. Lower volume means fewer routes, but they're all still bricked out. Only difference during the holiday peak will be helpers and reloads from shuttles.

rod

Retired 22 years
Kind of early for all these "peak and Thanksgiving" posts to be starting isn't it? I'm sure UPS will have it all covered this year.

BrownTexas

Our center, we don't have enough drivers, so my management team is working on helping me pay off my wife's student loans. I appreciate them working so hard for me.