Peak DIADs

Taco

Saw 5 boxes on my way out this morning marked "Peak DIADs". First day for helpers is November 1st. Are you other centers that already have helpers using IIIs or IVs for helper boards?

Taco

Yeah I know, but with the IV being a step backwards in everything but the laser, I wonder if they'll thrown the IV at helpers and confuse them even more with toggle.

OptimusPrime

Here the fours will be making a comeback. When we got the V's we were told to not get rid of our pouches/clips for peak. Though haven't seen any extras floating around the office. Guess those helpers are going to have to carry them. We've had the IV's so long I don't think any of our centers still have the racks for the III's. Going to be doing a split route, so I will probably get stuck with a IV. Going to suck. Have really gotten used to the lack of weight, and how the V will scan damn near any label. Eh, guess that's more OT for me punching them in by hand.

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
They better teach my helper how to use whatever extra DIAD they assign my route, because he/she will be sheeting and releasing every stop they deliver in that DIAD themselves.

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
They better teach my helper how to use whatever extra DIAD they assign my route, because he/she will be sheeting and releasing every stop they deliver in that DIAD themselves.

What a rebel!

Every year, to larger extent, the company tries to put the burden of teaching and supervising these helpers on us.
The teaching part doesn't bother me as much as when they act like I am liable for the package being released by these helpers.
The whole premise of them being there is so I can do other things like turn the vehicle around, sort the truck, or deliver another stop while they are going the other way.
The helpers name goes in that other DIAD, so they will be responsible for it this year.
The company wants 40 stops a day in it, they will get more than that.
I noticed last year that the followups had the helpers name on it instead of mine if it was sheeted in the helper board.
The DIAD is a tool to accurately record the days work and this year we will do just that.

brownmonster

Man of Great Wisdom
I agree. Mgmnt trains the helper or don't complain. I'm not a Supe and I shouldn't have to give the helper safety sheets to sign. It's just going thru the motions.

barnyard

KTM rider
It this year follows past years, the 1st couple of days will be only slightly heavier than normal (with my helper) and I will have him/her for 2-3 hours. The 1st 2 days, I like to have the helper do all the stops with me going with and helping them master the board. There is nothing worse than dropping a helper off with a board, cart and 8 stops, coming back 20 minutes later and find them stuck at the 1st place because they could not navigate the board.

I had the same helper for a couple of years, that guy could not figure the board at all. I used it, prerecorded all his stops and got signatures with 'left at'. I only did it in the DT business area, I sheeted the resi stops on his board and did all the keying.