Peak driver and schooling?

Matty_lawn

Poopin' on the clock
Was approached today by HR and the driver sup about driving during peak. I asked if that means I need to go through the schooling and didn't really get a straight answer.

I own and operate a landscaping company so during this time with the leaves coming down I am super slammed and I would hate to lose out on the money if I skipped clean ups and went to school. Any help is appreciated. Thanks.

Your BFF,

Matty "bringing sexy back to this joint" lawn

Rack em

Made the Podium
During peak you'll make maybe $650 after taxes and deductions as a driver. I bet you'll make more with your own business if you do snow removal or whatever.

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
Was approached today by HR and the driver sup about driving during peak. I asked if that means I need to go through the schooling and didn't really get a straight answer.

I own and operate a landscaping company so during this time with the leaves coming down I am super slammed and I would hate to lose out on the money if I skipped clean ups and went to school. Any help is appreciated. Thanks.

Your BFF,

Can you pass the drug screening?

Turdferguson

Just a turd

Your BFF,

You would make more double sorting and working any special sorts they have this time of year

Dr.Brownz

Your BFF,

Well my gut wanted to tell you no. However there are factors to consider. Do you plan on becoming a FT driver? How many spots till you become one?

Consider that you will have time off to spend with your loved ones during Christmas/Holidays, unlike the drivers.

HEFFERNAN

Huge Member
Say No.
Why get rushed into it and make a mistake that will cost you a full time position.

If you are interested in FT driving, sign up for Saturday air and learn the Diad and delivery procedures the right way. Eventually, you will have to make a choice to end your lawn boy business.

BigD Bri

That's what I'm thinking. Thanks bud

Know a little something about the landscaping business. Money to be made between now and the end of the year, especially if you do Christmas lights. One my best friends owns a pretty large operation, and he does as well in December as he does in March, according to him.. If you do it, realistically you'll be put in a position of having to turn away business if you end up driving 40-50 hours a week (can't say that you would, just assuming you might).. I don't think I could do that as a business owner. Really depends on the size of your operation, but if you are intent on growing it, I'd let the driving go..

Matty_lawn

Poopin' on the clock
Know a little something about the landscaping business. Money to be made between now and the end of the year, especially if you do Christmas lights. One my best friends owns a pretty large operation, and he does as well in December as he does in March, according to him.. If you do it, realistically you'll be put in a position of having to turn away business if you end up driving 40-50 hours a week (can't say that you would, just assuming you might).. I don't think I could do that as a business owner. Really depends on the size of your operation, but if you are intent on growing it, I'd let the driving go..

Thanks. I do pretty well in the winter...if it snows that is. I plowed 4 times last year and its always a drag. I turn down business now but I only have 2 full timers plus myself. Im not trying to get much bigger, 15 hour days between preload and landscaping is plenty!

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Thanks. I do pretty well in the winter...if it snows that is. I plowed 4 times last year and its always a drag. I turn down business now but I only have 2 full timers plus myself. Im not trying to get much bigger, 15 hour days between preload and landscaping is plenty!

The goal should be to grow the business to the point where you have a working manager who oversees the operation on your behalf.

Anonymous01

BO

Your BFF,

BOOGNISH mang.