Peak driver now my supervisor?!

DS

Fenderbender
Sober I'm happy to hear that you and your new sup friend have joined the elite world and now have i phones.
Most of us do have cell phones,but have heard nothing about ups providing them.
You have crossed a fine line here.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Sober I'm happy to hear that you and your new sup friend have joined the elite world and now have i phones.
Most of us do have cell phones,but have heard nothing about ups providing them.
You have crossed a fine line here.

DS, it is your choice whether you wish to work smarter or harder.

over9five

Staff member
My new sup has and uses an iphone. I recently acquired one myself, and I find it to be an excellent tool for communicating and maintaining an increased level of accountability from my management team. If there is a problem or an issue or some other thing going on out on my route that requires action on the part of management, I will communicate it to my sup via text message, a record of which is stored in my phone. Compared to some of the old farts I have worked for over the last 26 years, my new sup is very good at following up on issues that I bring to his attention in this manner. He doesnt always tell me what I want to hear, but if he doesnt have the ability to solve a problem then at least he is honest and communicates that fact to me rather than blowing me off or conveniently "forgetting" that I warned him about it ahead of time. Once I text him about a problem, my ass is covered and its his problem now instead of mine.

I disagree. The only record you have is that you SENT him a message. You have absolutely no proof that he RECEIVED it.

A

anonymous6

we had one a couple years ago. she was decent, honest, and willing to learn from the drivers. she lasted two years and then quit after a nervous breakdown. it was really sad.

i told her that she could use me as a reference to find a good job. two years later she is still on disibility. they ate her up and spit her out............NEXT!

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
My new sup has and uses an iphone. I recently acquired one myself, and I find it to be an excellent tool for communicating and maintaining an increased level of accountability from my management team. If there is a problem or an issue or some other thing going on out on my route that requires action on the part of management, I will communicate it to my sup via text message, a record of which is stored in my phone. Compared to some of the old farts I have worked for over the last 26 years, my new sup is very good at following up on issues that I bring to his attention in this manner. He doesnt always tell me what I want to hear, but if he doesnt have the ability to solve a problem then at least he is honest and communicates that fact to me rather than blowing me off or conveniently "forgetting" that I warned him about it ahead of time. Once I text him about a problem, my ass is covered and its his problem now instead of mine.

I disagree. The only record you have is that you SENT him a message. You have absolutely no proof that he RECEIVED it.

Yes I do, its an iphone.