Peak during the summer.

Harey73

Do you think it would be better if peak was during the summer as opposed to the winter? Obviously it would be nice to have it light out until 9 pm instead of 4:30. I imagine it would be brutal in areas that get oppressive heat all summer long. Would you rather try to do 300 stops when its hot or when it is snowing and dark early?

joeboodog

good people drink good beer
Would be nice to have longer daylight but I prefer cooler temps. Most drivers know which areas that are easier/safer to deliver after dark.

Pooter

At least change the start time to 8am!.

Starting the "route" at 10:30 after NDAs is a bummer :(

Peak should be in September. That way my helper doesn't puss out after 2 hours of crappy weather

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
Do you think it would be better if peak was during the summer as opposed to the winter? Obviously it would be nice to have it light out until 9 pm instead of 4:30. I imagine it would be brutal in areas that get oppressive heat all summer long. Would you rather try to do 300 stops when its hot or when it is snowing and dark early?
300 stops?

Lmao not me.

HardknocksUPSer

Christmas isn't in summer so what's it matter? Besides I'd tell them kiss my ass and get Either a fan or A/C if I had to stand in the center for that long midsummer.

3 done 3 to go

In control of own destiny
Peak in the winter is perfect for me. Another 2 -3 weeks. I will no longer need to get off the truck till the end of January. Except for lunch. Nice and relaxing.

The Blackadder

Are you not amused?
Some places do have a peak in the summer, I live north of Boston, but have taking a vacation or 2 to Cape Cod in the summer those guys get hammered. I am sure most coastal vacation areas are the same.

hellfire

no one considers UPS people."real" Teamsters.-BUG
My eyes do not like delivering in the dark, cuts down my productivity by a good 70%, its just not safe

sailfish

Master of Karate and Friendship for Everyone
When it get's cold and dark, the cargo light stays on and the key says in the bulkhead. Can't be fumbling for three minutes per stop trying to get a key where I can't even see with fingers that only half work.