Number-Nine

I'm a trainee and was sent to a completely different hub to help out during peak. The building is only 7 years young but it seems like they foolishly didn't make it large enough to handle the heavy volume.

Anyway, today they made a mirror route ( never heard of this before) that took of packages of a blown out truck and put it in mine. Truck was a mess with crap tossed all over. Worst part is the Diad that was given to me has all the packages from the original load in it so I had no idea if what's On the board is in the truck. Whatever, I do my best to sort it before I leave. I also noticed a bunch of heavy bulk stops and requested a hand truck but was told I was out of luck.

It gets better. I look for the keys and they're not there. Call up the sup and told that I can't take the truck and have to reload it in a different one. Its a manual, whatever. Finally get to leave the building at 11am and the new truck ended up with some mechanical problem. Didn't make it out of the yard.

Not sure what happened with the load but I ended up as a helper with another driver. Good times.

DumbTruckDriver

Allergic to cardboard.
IMG_2362.GIF

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
I'm a trainee and was sent to a completely different hub to help out during peak. The building is only 7 years young but it seems like they foolishly didn't make it large enough to handle the heavy volume.

Anyway, today they made a mirror route ( never heard of this before) that took of packages of a blown out truck and put it in mine. Truck was a mess with crap tossed all over. Worst part is the Diad that was given to me has all the packages from the original load in it so I had no idea if what's On the board is in the truck. Whatever, I do my best to sort it before I leave. I also noticed a bunch of heavy bulk stops and requested a hand truck but was told I was out of luck.

It gets better. I look for the keys and they're not there. Call up the sup and told that I can't take the truck and have to reload it in a different one. Its a manual, whatever. Finally get to leave the building at 11am and the new truck ended up with some mechanical problem. Didn't make it out of the yard.

Not sure what happened with the load but I ended up as a helper with another driver. Good times.

It will be waiting for you in the morning
And will have Tuesdays pkgs jumbled up in there

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

lol, None of them were made large enough

Ours was; in fact, the company had the foresight to include an option for future development when they bought the land.

There was a period of time that we were beyond capacity----we were processing RTA furniture from Canada and there was simply no place to put those pallets----we lost that account and we are operating well within capacity.

rod

Retired 22 years
Since day one my old building has owned a good sized lot in the industrial park next to it. The building has been too small for years. This peak I noticed they added another temporary dock with 10 doors on it. It now has 3 of those "temporary" loading docks attached to the building. Two of them have been there for at least 10 years. They refuse to add on to the building because the city insists that they blacktop the area around any new addition and UPS thinks gravel is good enough. Meanwhile FedEx just put up a beautiful new building with about a 100 doors on it.

Since day one my old building has owned a good sized lot in the industrial park next to it. The building has been too small for years. This peak I noticed they added another temporary dock with 10 doors on it. It now has 3 of those "temporary" loading docks attached to the building. Two of them have been there for at least 10 years. They refuse to add on to the building because the city insists that they blacktop the area around any new addition and UPS thinks gravel is good enough. Meanwhile FedEx just put up a beautiful new building with about a 100 doors on it.

That's pretty much word for word with us, except the gravel part.

1BROWNWRENCH

Amatuer Malthusian
Sounds par for the course. This company seems to have a fetish for putting 10 pounds of :censored2: in a 5 pound bag.

rod

Retired 22 years
I bet it says "FedEx Ground" on it. It was paid with the tears of those poor bastards that have to go thru those doors every day.

I have to be honest I don't know how its labeled. Its out of the way on the outskirts of town and I very seldom go out that way. They also have another building in the industrial park that looks nice.