Peak hires pay

In our building in Washington state we starting peak drivers at 25$ / hour and preloaders at 15$ with weekly bonuses of 500 or so. It is a lot more then some of the permanent workers that have put in their time.
How about your states and thoughts?

In our building in Washington state we starting peak drivers at 25$ / hour and preloaders at 15$ with weekly bonuses of 500 or so. It is a lot more then some of the permanent workers that have put in their time.
How about your states and thoughts?
In 177, casual Feeder drivers make top rate of other feeder drivers. The feeder drivers that are not at top rate go up to top rate because of the casuals. Don’t know much about package drivers.

I’ve heard some of the new buildings in local 177 are giving 15 for part casuals. If that’s true, that’s a violation of locals 177s contract if the company isn’t willing to pay the same rate across the classification.

The Range

In too deep
Here (New England) full time inside seasonal workers making $18 and change while displacing seniority workers from their job classifications =)

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

In 177, casual Feeder drivers make top rate of other feeder drivers. The feeder drivers that are not at top rate go up to top rate because of the casuals. Don’t know much about package drivers.

I’ve heard some of the new buildings in local 177 are giving 15 for part casuals. If that’s true, that’s a violation of locals 177s contract if the company isn’t willing to pay the same rate across the classification.

Contract rates are minimums—-they are free to pay more if they so choose.

Jacksonville Hub was offering like $150/week bonuses for new hires after October 1. All they had to do was show up on time each work day every week. Not sure if that is still being offered or if the bonuses are still being paid. I was hired near end of August so a lot of people I started with wondered if they should quit and re-apply so they could get the bonus. Part-time loaders only make about $150/week during non-peak as it is, so that would have doubled their pay.

Shift Inhibit

He who laughs last didn't get it.
Jacksonville Hub was offering like $150/week bonuses for new hires after October 1. All they had to do was show up on time each work day every week. Not sure if that is still being offered or if the bonuses are still being paid. I was hired near end of August so a lot of people I started with wondered if they should quit and re-apply so they could get the bonus. Part-time loaders only make about $150/week during non-peak as it is, so that would have doubled their pay.
Good luck getting rehired after you quit

A

Article 3

Here (New England) full time inside seasonal workers making $18 and change while displacing seniority workers from their job classifications =)
Are you seriously saying that the locals allow that without filing?
The members are hopefully filing.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Quitting and reapplying would not have worked.

Our center recently started offering the same bonus and those already working are less than thrilled.

Quitting and reapplying would not have worked.

Our center recently started offering the same bonus and those already working are less than thrilled.

I'm sure those wondering we're half jokingly asking (re: quitting), however yes, we were less than thrilled that we didn't qualify for the bonus, and those there longer than us that I work with felt the same way. My part-time sup joked he should go back to being a loader if he got that bonus.

UnconTROLLed

perfection
We have seniority part timers working 8 hours almost year round. They are guaranteed 8 and only OT after 8.
How could SEASONALS be displacing seniority employees all year? Sorta negates the definition of seasonal doesn't it?
And what is a full time seasonal insider? Would that be some sort of a seasonal 22.3? Never heard of that.

Gimme Danger

Never heard of that before. Package and feeder hire seasonally (18.75 & 30, respectively, in RI). How could a seasonal hire displace a seniority worker? Seasonal inside?

Box Ox

We have seniority part timers working 8 hours almost year round. They are guaranteed 8 and only OT after 8.

Are they working the same job the whole time? Where I am, all preloaders are OT after 5. But they don't get OT after 5 if they, for example, run exception air after 4.99 hours in preload.