Peak is going to suck

Browndriver5

FrigidFTSup

Resident Suit
Delivering to Access Point's will help reduce stops. But if they are going to keep the the same amount of drivers, it's going to be a disaster. There's a reason last peak went so smooth and that's because we were over staffed. Why not just hire 25% less seasonals?

GetTacosOrDieTrying

What's in the box!!!!!?
Delivering to Access Point's will help reduce stops. But if they are going to keep the the same amount of drivers, it's going to be a disaster. There's a reason last peak went so smooth and that's because we were over staffed. Why not just hire 25% less seasonals?
We also had other hubs take loads off us.

livin the dream

if this is true, there will be so many service failures that peak 2016 will be like last peak. they'll over compensate again. they only have us for 60 hours idk what they're thinking

FrigidFTSup

Resident Suit
We also had other hubs take loads off us.
We didn't have any of that. I kind of wished we did.
Peak 2014 was easy. 2013 tho was pretty crazy
It was like night and day between 2013 and 2014. 2013 as an hourly I was averaging 35 hours a week on local sort with the average check around 50 hours a week adding in preload. Last year I was doing 40 total as PT management. My worst day was only 9.5 hours. I did 5 12 hour days in 2013.

Browndriver5

if this is true, there will be so many service failures that peak 2016 will be like last peak. they'll over compensate again. they only have us for 60 hours idk what they're thinking

They are thinking about running the old timers ragged. Forcing them into retirement with all these 12 hour dispatches that in 2017 retirement will look like a pretty good idea for a bunch of people. Then have a bunch of new hires at $16 an hour and cover drivers at $29

GetTacosOrDieTrying

What's in the box!!!!!?
We didn't have any of that. I kind of wished we did.

It was like night and day between 2013 and 2014. 2013 as an hourly I was averaging 35 hours a week on local sort with the average check around 50 hours a week adding in preload. Last year I was doing 40 total as PT management. My worst day was only 9.5 hours. I did 5 12 hour days in 2013.
Same here in 2013 50-60 hour weeks with dubs. 12 hour day at least once a week. It sucked but my check didn't atleast