Peak Mode or Methods?

Overpaid Union Thug

I know that many, probably most, people go into peak mode and start moving much faster to get done during peak. We've all done it. Many of the methods are out the door once peak really starts. Many run and tell their helpers to run too. There is no such thing as staying on designated walk paths. And the cab has at least 10 stops on the dash/floor. But why should we have to do that only to get off the clock at 9:30 or later?

Last year proved that none of that nonsense should happen. Many, if not must of us, had a pretty smooth peak and didn't have many late nights. There was no need for many of us to go into peak mode. That is why I will never do it again. Will anyone else take a stand and do the same?

UPS announced that they would cut back from last year. Oh well. I will be continuing to follow as many methods as I can. If I can't finish the route then I guess the center will just have to send a runner and gunner (with their unsuspecting brainwashed helper in tow) to get the rest. Otherwise..... Non Del, Missed. ;)

S

selfcancelsignal

Peak is business as usual for me. Smooth & steady, breaks are taken, if too heavy & too late, reinforcements will be sent. Not too worried about it. $$$

livin the dream

yea we had plenty of help last year and it went smoothly. ups may not have made as much profit but the doors are definitely still open. if they wanna skimp on seasonals, I'm not gonna kill myself to pick up the slack.

Richard Harrow

Deplorable.
Peak is our Super Bowl and, yes, I kick it up a notch.

anigif_enhanced-buzz-7764-1438254523-20.gif

Peak season is the easiest money all year. I slow down and enjoy collecting $33 an hour while babysitting their helpers.

UPSGUY72

anigif_enhanced-buzz-7764-1438254523-20.gif

Peak season is the easiest money all year. I slow down and enjoy collecting $33 an hour while babysitting their helpers.

As a cover driver I do splits all peak some days with a helper other days without. That being said whether I have a helper or not I move at the same smooth an steady pace. I don't expect much from my helper except to be able to listen and follow direction and be able to walk with a purpose.

I will not and do not slow down because I have a helper. The only thing having a helper means is that I have more work to do and more responsibilities to go along with it.

Richard Harrow

Deplorable.
I will not and do not slow down because I have a helper. The only thing having a helper means is that I have more work to do and more responsibilities to go along with it.

Which means you should slow down and collect more money for your extra work and extra responsibilities.

Indecisi0n

2 peaks ago I was bringing back 50+ missed stops to the building daily. I couldn't give two :censored2:s if it gets deliveried or not. If you set me up to fail then I will.

Overpaid Union Thug

2 peaks ago I was bringing back 50+ missed stops to the building daily. I couldn't give two :censored2:s if it gets deliveried or not. If you set me up to fail then I will.

True dat! And that's my point. Last year was so great (considering what time of year it was) so there is no reason why we should ever have to go out with those failure loads again. I don't expect to finish up at 16:40 again like I did more than a few times last year but wrapping things up between 18:30 and 19:30 is definitely a reasonable expectation. But either way I'm going to be working exactly like I have been all year. By their methods.

UPSGUY72

Which means you should slow down and collect more money for your extra work and extra responsibilities.

That's called dragging your feet or throwing the anchor out.. You might do that but I couldn't do that if I tried. Trust me I have tried and it's just easier to do the work than trying to figure out how to do it slower.

Overpaid Union Thug

That's called dragging your feet or throwing the anchor out.. You might do that but I couldn't do that if I tried. Trust me I have tried and it's just easier to do the work than trying to figure out how to do it slower.
I slow down when tired/fatigued and when it gets dark outside. Whether I want to or not. And, of course, if I'm in an unfamiliar area. But I am like you and can't just slow down out of spite. I've tried. I always got the feeling that I was screwing myself more than who I was pissed off at. Plus.....when you are already following their methods going slower basically equates to working and walking at an elderly man's pace. LOL!

shepski79

We take a 10 minute lunch. Methods LOL. They pay us to work. I work. Screw a lunch. We in upstate NY most the time is a blizzard off the lakes. 10 minutes. Keep going. And yes they do not take my 45 minutes out of my time card. SERVICE during peak. No one gets fired. Wellllllllllll for peak at least