Peak Season 2014.

box_beeyotch

I hope everyone had a great holiday weekend. Tomorrow my center is putting 100 drivers on the streets, where as during the regular year we have about 65 or less on a Monday. Anxious to see what the week will bring, and the rest of the month. What are your centers looking like as far as dispatch tomorrow? Thoughts, comments and concerns are welcome and I wish everyone the best of luck. Lets get it done and make some of that green stuff!

Pooter

I'm sure it will be a clusterfk :)

Our preload starts at 12am. I feel bad for the seasonals that started driving last week.

I have 12 hours of freedom left!

box_beeyotch

I'm sure it will be a clusterfk :)

Our preload starts at 12am. I feel bad for the seasonals that started driving last week.

I have 12 hours of freedom left!
That's early, our preload is starting at 1 which is about 2.5 hours earlier than they usually start this week in past years.

DumbTruckDriver

Allergic to cardboard.
Our preload starts at 2 am. A typical Monday has 45 routes. We're putting all 75 available drivers on road, and likely need way more. Clusterf*** is a good word for what we are about to enter.

TooTechie

Geek in Brown
281v91x.jpg

Notcool

My 8th peak first as a sorter. Wished I was driving but hopefully next season. Show me the money. I made easy money Friday after Thanksgiving

J

jibbs

bb58, what's your earliest start time this week?

I go in at 11:30pm tomorrow/tonight, lol. And people are saying "Peak's not even here yet...."

Today, though? Today's was the worst state I think I've ever seen my center in over the past several years that I've been with UPS.

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
bb58, what's your earliest start time this week?

I go in at 11:30pm tomorrow/tonight, lol. And people are saying "Peak's not even here yet...."

Today, though? Today's was the worst state I think I've ever seen my center in over the past several years that I've been with UPS.
My supplement won't let them start us any earlier than midnight. We start at midnight all this week. I was backed up to high volume from 3am on.....it was just aggravating and no place to fit it all. Haven't has a day this bad/heavy since day after Memorial Day in 2011. That day was worse...but today was a close second.

Last edited:
J

jibbs

My supplement won't let them start us any earlier than midnight. We start at midnight all this week. I was backed up to high volume from 3am on.....it was just aggravating and no place to fit it all. Haven't has a day this bad/heavy since day after Memorial Day in 2011. That day was worse...but today was a close second.

Our start time's 12:15, I was asked to come in earlier (I guess I worded my question wrong.) Most likely in anticipation of a :censored2:load of send-agains.

I'm cool with an extra 45min overtime.

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
Our start time's 12:15, I was asked to come in earlier. I'm guessing in anticipation of a :censored2:load of send-agains.

I'm cool with an extra 45min overtime.
If this week keeps up...I'll make 50 hours by Saturday...which will put me well over a grand before taxes..not bad.