Peak season 2021 a dud?

iruhnman630

Our Tuesday volume came in about 30% below predicted volume.

I have argued that we will see a light peak simply because people are not spending right now.

eats packages

Deranged lunatic
I got the short end Tuesday with a junk route with a planned absent helper but it still seems like most people came in around 8-9 hours.

Yolo

Whenever we are super heavy and trucks are bulked out. Why didn't management plan for peak? It's like they don't know it comes same time every year?

But when things go smoothly it's They hired too many seasonal employees and they are taking my work. I wanted a 14 hour day today.

Just take the easy days when you can get them. Be glad your center made it through the day without rolling hundreds of stops.

DELACROIX

In the Spirit of Honore' Daumier
According to the different financial news networks, this was the slowest Cyber Monday on record.

People are going back to the brick and mortars again...still a ton of internet buying.

Future prospect for all the common couriers depends on the economy...

The peak volume will be spread over several weeks instead of days...not like the old days.

Weather has been great in our region, if that holds up for the nation expect UPS’s 4th quarter profits to be better than 2021’s. The settlement of the Central States issue will help also, the Company has to contribute to their pension trusts at the end of the year. Also their investment returns in all their benefit plans will be
Considerable.

UPSER1987

Whenever we are super heavy and trucks are bulked out. Why didn't management plan for peak? It's like they don't know it comes same time every year?

But when things go smoothly it's They hired too many seasonal employees and they are taking my work. I wanted a 14 hour day today.

Just take the easy days when you can get them. Be glad your center made it through the day without rolling hundreds of stops.
Well said my man.

You can’t please everyone….this is why whiners are just tuned out by the management team. If you can find a perfect job, do yourself a favor and go work there.

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
Just wait. Generation Snowflake will order everything one week before Christmas and then will be shocked when their stuff doesn't arrive.

"But they guaranteed delivery by Christmas"??? "Waaaah"...