Peak season holidays

dezguy

As a package handler how hard does it get during peak season? What type of challenges or difficulties should i expect?
Don't even ask for vacation after the first week of December (at least where I'm at). Even then, someone had better like you to give you that week off.

bacha29

As a package handler how hard does it get during peak season? What type of challenges or difficulties should i expect?
They over sell the service every damn year therefore It's a Fedex problem that requires a Fedex solution. Just show up everyday and do what you normally do and keep a low profile. They created the mess so resist any attempt to make you do what is not just and reasonable. It's their bleeding ulcer, not yours.

12yearsaslave

Depends on the operation. Ground 15% up so not much. Home goes 300% up so expect to have more hours and be very busy. Express, no idea, is that still a thing?

MrFedEx

Engorged Member

Go to Home Depot and purchase a 9x12 plastic drop cloth. Wear it to work to protect you from the BS splatter. Don't do any more than the minimum because you are simply a warm body loading and unloading cans. That's exactly how they see you.

Oldfart

Go to Home Depot and purchase a 9x12 plastic drop cloth. Wear it to work to protect you from the BS splatter. Don't do any more than the minimum because you are simply a warm body loading and unloading cans. That's exactly how they see you.
You are so correct. Great advise.

dezguy

giphy.gif