Peak season hours

Jstpeachy

Quick question, I’m looking for a second part time gig, but PCM on preload is starting to mention we will be working 10 hour days in a month.

Will it be legit 10 hour days in early November thru Christmas?

UnconTROLLed

perfection
Quick question, I’m looking for a second part time gig, but PCM on preload is starting to mention we will be working 10 hour days in a month.

Only if you make them 10 hour days. As a PT I never worked more than six, any more hours than that are FT hours and I'll take a lunch break. No thx

Hot Carl

We had a lot of 8 hour days on preload last peak, but never more than that. That being said, I am hearing that there are "concerns" about this upcoming peak.

hondo

promoted to mediocrity

@Jstpeachy: Depends on where you're at. If you're at a hub or large center, then yes. You should really ask a coworker who has been there for previous Peak seasons. And check your state's labor laws about what kind of 'lunch' break you're legally entitled to, because you can bet the company won't be offering that info to you.

barnyard

KTM rider
My helper the last couple of years, worked 8+ hours on the preload and then helped my for 4ish hours. I kept him until he said he was done, preload was their priority.

PT Crazy

PCM? They did away with those in our hub. You know to help with production. Now we don't hear about any safety concerns.

I have been lurking

Tired hubrat
Also get ready for this; it's gonna be a daily occurrence
DIipPZi.jpg

Jstpeachy

Just to be clear this means it’s time and a half over 5 hours in a day but not also time and a half any hours over 40 in a week? Southern supplement?

I find it odd that it says anything over 5 hours, then anything over 8... what’s the distinction- both are saying time and a half for the hours over those times?

Attachments

• FAB54B7D-C6A5-4CC9-BC13-EA034FC28B6F.png
    FAB54B7D-C6A5-4CC9-BC13-EA034FC28B6F.png
    886.5 KB · Views: 323

BadIdeaGuy

Staff member
Just to be clear this means it’s time and a half over 5 hours in a day but not also time and a half any hours over 40 in a week? Southern supplement?

I find it odd that it says anything over 5 hours, then anything over 8... what’s the distinction- both are saying time and a half for the hours over those times?
Basically it's saying in a normal day you would get overtime after 5 hours. If you double shift you wouldn't get overtime until after 8 hours.