1. Hi Guest. I just wanted to let you know that there will be some service disruptions here during the next few days. The site is moving to a new server and the latest version of xenforo is going to be installed. I apologize in advance for any inconvenience. ~ cheryl

Dismiss Notice

Peak season qualification

Discussion in 'UPS Discussions' started by Dewdewbrown, Jun 16, 2018.

1. Dewdewbrown

Dewdewbrown New Member

Can you qualify during peak season?The RTD rate was $24.22. Would I keep that rate if I happened to get a bid after peak?

2. Maple Grove MN Driver

Maple Grove MN Driver Cocaine Mang!

Yes
    No
    Maybe

You will get all 3 answers

3. hehe xd

hehe xd Active Member

No u get seasonal wages.

4. PT Car Washer

PT Car Washer Well-Known Member

You can qualify during Peak. What is a RTD?

5. hehe xd

hehe xd Active Member

ready to drive

6. Indecisi0n

Indecisi0n Well-Known Member

No

7. Yolo

Yolo Active Member

Yes

8. @Jkloc420 will make you a sandwich

9. Old Man Jingles

Old Man Jingles Rat out of a cage

Is there anyplace I can go on Brown Cafe and not see one of your posts? :bigsmile2::bigsmile2::bigsmile2::bigsmile2::winks:

10. Maple Grove MN Driver

Maple Grove MN Driver Cocaine Mang!

Maybe

See you got all three answers

11. barnyard

barnyard KTM rider Staff Member

Yes. Go to the user profile, click, "ignore this user"

• Winner Winner x 3
    • Funny Funny x 2
    • List
  12. Heavy Package

Heavy Package Active Member

This is what happened for me. Preloader to RTD (Reg. Temp Driver) for peak at the rate you quoted. Back to preload Jan 15th and called FT red-circled in February. Still red-circled at this rate until later this fall.

13. Dewdewbrown

Dewdewbrown New Member

What does red circled until fall mean?(damn ups lingo)

14. Heavy Package

Heavy Package Active Member

Red circled simply means that my pay is frozen at the higher rate until my progression period catches up and passes my current rate of pay. My job classifications changed from PT Preloader to Reg Temp Driver to FT Driver. Since Reg Temp Driver paid higher than a starting FT Driver, the contract states that I am "Red Circled" at the higher rate of pay until progression pay increases catch up. This fall I will have enough time in progression to pass my current rate of pay as a Reg Temp Driver. I haven't had a raise since I started driving in the fall of 2015.

I would suggest getting a copy of the contract and take your time reading it so that you truly understand what your rights are and what rates of pay and progression period you fall under. Do not believe anything in regards to your job title or pay until it becomes official and is on your paycheck on upsers.com.