Peak season qualification

Heavy Package

Can you qualify during peak season?The RTD rate was $24.22. Would I keep that rate if I happened to get a bid after peak?

This is what happened for me. Preloader to RTD (Reg. Temp Driver) for peak at the rate you quoted. Back to preload Jan 15th and called FT red-circled in February. Still red-circled at this rate until later this fall.

Heavy Package

What does red circled until fall mean?(damn ups lingo)

Red circled simply means that my pay is frozen at the higher rate until my progression period catches up and passes my current rate of pay. My job classifications changed from PT Preloader to Reg Temp Driver to FT Driver. Since Reg Temp Driver paid higher than a starting FT Driver, the contract states that I am "Red Circled" at the higher rate of pay until progression pay increases catch up. This fall I will have enough time in progression to pass my current rate of pay as a Reg Temp Driver. I haven't had a raise since I started driving in the fall of 2015.

I would suggest getting a copy of the contract and take your time reading it so that you truly understand what your rights are and what rates of pay and progression period you fall under. Do not believe anything in regards to your job title or pay until it becomes official and is on your paycheck on upsers.com.