Peak season

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
You've posted similar questions in like 5 different threads. I can't speak for everyone on here, but I personally cannot see into the future. You were hired late Sept...you won't make book before Oct 15th. Will you get laid off after peak? We don't know! Best guess is probably yes, but I've seen a few exceptions.Even if they don't lay you off....you'll probably get sent home more days than you work once peak is over. Or be told to call in everyday to see if you're needed. So, the only thing you can do is wait and see.

cynic

You've posted similar questions in like 5 different threads. I can't speak for everyone on here, but I personally cannot see into the future. You were hired late Sept...you won't make book before Oct 15th. Will you get laid off after peak? We don't know! Best guess is probably yes, but I've seen a few exceptions.Even if they don't lay you off....you'll probably get sent home more days than you work once peak is over. Or be told to call in everyday to see if you're needed. So, the only thing you can do is wait and see.

Depending on what sort you work - good luck with calling in everyday and getting someone to answer the phone. I work Sunrise and no one answers the UPS phones until after the sort has "officially" started. Get your PT/FT sup's cell numbers and be sure to call them while they're asleep to see if they want you to come to work that day - I'm sure they'll love your enthusiasm...

you aint even know it

Well-Known Troll
Troll
Depending on what sort you work - good luck with calling in everyday and getting someone to answer the phone. I work Sunrise and no one answers the UPS phones until after the sort has "officially" started. Get your PT/FT sup's cell numbers and be sure to call them while they're asleep to see if they want you to come to work that day - I'm sure they'll love your enthusiasm...

Uh uh, do not do this. Quickest way to annoy them. I've seen a fellow co-worker get permanently put on-call for texting and annoying the pt sup about coming in. Last I've seen of him.

browntroll

i met a delusional seasonal sorter last year that believed he deserved a chance to sort on the primary point instead of the back
where he was just standing and watching(easy money imo). this guy was a seasonal driver helper brought into the hub but he
already thought he was full time and on the road to be permanent. 2 months later i never saw him again but heard he tried sorting
on primary point and sups got rid of him for letting over 100 missorts go in 1 hour.

barnyard

KTM rider
Jordan,

There is this thing called, "google"

That is where you can ask one stupid question after another and get an answer.

I would like to find the person that said, "there is no such thing as a stupid question" and beat that person with a book of stupid questions.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
I'd bet my retro pay that it is his actual name lol.

Should I not use my real name on brown cafe? ​What is retro pay? How much is it? Will I get it? Where is my hub? What time do I start? If I have to be at my second job at 7 everyday will ups let me leave early? Is the job hard? Can I do driver helper also? How much does driver helper pay? What does a driver helper do? Will I be kept on after peak? Why haven't I heard back about a job at ups? Can I transfer?

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
Should I not use my real name on brown cafe? ​What is retro pay? How much is it? Will I get it? Where is my hub? What time do I start? If I have to be at my second job at 7 everyday will ups let me leave early? Is the job hard? Can I do driver helper also? How much does driver helper pay? What does a driver helper do? Will I be kept on after peak? Why haven't I heard back about a job at ups? Can I transfer?
Am i permanent? How much are union dues? Who is my steward? How soon can I become a steward? What's an air? How do I load a truck? Where's the 2000 shelf? What is an oph? What's an optimum carry? How do i punch in? How do I punch out? What brand of work boots should I buy? Which one is my supervisor? Are the boxes heavy?