peak season

Gixxer2003

That’s very sad about the driver who died due to alleged overload. Peak can be a very stressful time but you must remember its mind over matter you’ll be at home soon and peak will be over before you know it I remember days when I could not even get into the truck i told my manager how am I supposed to pull this load by 12noon i had 7 stops done it was not a good day but they came to me with an empty car and took 3/4 of the load. “I was special “. My last peak of my career i was assigned a split with 110 stops for the entire peak season every day i came to work 110 stops I could tap dance in the car no helper i was in by 630 everyday i was special and it helps to have a doctors note.
One stop at a time Brothers and Sisters Merry Christmas

Shift Inhibit

He who laughs last didn't get it.
That’s very sad about the driver who died due to alleged overload. Peak can be a very stressful time but you must remember its mind over matter you’ll be at home soon and peak will be over before you know it I remember days when I could not even get into the truck i told my manager how am I supposed to pull this load by 12noon i had 7 stops done it was not a good day but they came to me with an empty car and took 3/4 of the load. “I was special “. My last peak of my career i was assigned a split with 110 stops for the entire peak season every day i came to work 110 stops I could tap dance in the car no helper i was in by 630 everyday i was special and it helps to have a doctors note.
What do u mean by special? Down syndrome special or pt line sup special?

Box Ox

That’s very sad about the driver who died due to alleged overload.

It never hits the news but there are sometimes off-street peak seasonals who never realized they had certain health conditions and go down or even die in the sort or on road.

If you’ve never done physical work and your heart is about to explode, 9-10 hours of peak preload or delivery can be the thing that makes it happen.

MECH-lift

Union Brother ✊🧔 RPCD
It never hits the news but there are sometimes off-street peak seasonals who never realized they had certain health conditions and go down or even die in the sort or on road.

If you’ve never done physical work and your heart is about to explode, 9-10 hours of peak preload or delivery can be the thing that makes it happen.
Yeah, it had to be some underlying medical condition

Indecisi0n

May the Lord be with you .

Gixxer2003

What do u mean by special? Down syndrome special or pt line sup special?
I was a split driver with 25 years on the road I had some issues going on but u know how this job is they don’t cater to anyone they wanted me in early I wasn’t complaining 1) I prefer not to work with helpers anyway. I will say this in my prime I’d do 284 stops 3 town split all retail by myself in by 730 easily I WAS THE MAN

Last edited:

cosmo1

Perhaps.
Staff member
I was a split driver with 25 years on the road I had some issues going on but u know how this job is they don’t cater to anyone they wanted me in early I wasn’t complaining 1) I prefer not to work with helpers anyway. I will say this in my prime I’d do 284 stops 3 town split all retail by myself in by 730 easily I WAS THE MAN

And they let you retire?

Unbelievable.

oldngray

nowhere special
Dave?

OrioN

double tap o da horn dooshbag
I will say this in my prime I’d do 284 stops 3 town split all retail by myself in by 730 easily I WAS THE MAN

Were you running/gunning & that is what made you burn out early???

Follow the methods, you're hourly with a union on your side.

If you're in FXG, they want you to do this:

giphy.gif

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS

I think we just found @bestdriverever

did you get paid extra for all that?

OrioN

double tap o da horn dooshbag
Yup, make shortcuts without accidents or injury while "making book"

Then, use the methods and stay with the contract to CYA... pace yourself if u want to see that golden carrot at the end.

@Whither used this site and local UPS driver inside information to actually made it to the big brownie league.

Seymour Packages

An old timer at my center explained it me on my second day driving. Run and gun, you will get more and more work until you break. Die on the job, and someone else will have your trip tomorrow. They may or may not mention your name at the next PCM. Take care of yourself because the company doesn't give a rat's ass about you. Pace yourself, do your time, and get out in one piece.