Peak Season

AB831

Is anyone else a little anxious/curious about peak season this year? As is the case with everyone, we’re running comparable numbers with Christmas season, and we have been for the past few months. However, the experts are calling for a resurgence of the virus in the fall/winter and if that coincides with Christmas, I feel like we could get absolutely blown out beyond anything we’ve ever seen before. I haven’t seen or heard anything about making preparations or hiring, so is anyone else tight in the loins about it or am I just a nervous nelly?

It will be fine

Is anyone else a little anxious/curious about peak season this year? As is the case with everyone, we’re running comparable numbers with Christmas season, and we have been for the past few months. However, the experts are calling for a resurgence of the virus in the fall/winter and if that coincides with Christmas, I feel like we could get absolutely blown out beyond anything we’ve ever seen before. I haven’t seen or heard anything about making preparations or hiring, so is anyone else tight in the loins about it or am I just a nervous nelly?
I’ve been telling everyone if they want their presents before Christmas they should be ordering now. If you even get into November you’re rolling the dice. No chance any network keeps up this year.

AB831

I’ve been telling everyone if they want their presents before Christmas they should be ordering now. If you even get into November you’re rolling the dice. No chance any network keeps up this year.
That's what I'm thinking too. I would recommend shopping at a mall, but if the second wave hits and we have to go into lock downs like we did in March, but in November this time.....Lord help all of us.

bacha29

That's what I'm thinking too. I would recommend shopping at a mall, but if the second wave hits and we have to go into lock downs like we did in March, but in November this time.....Lord help all of us.
Can you say federalized National Guard? They can deliver mail.

dezguy

Who cares? Go out with your numbers. They want you to take out more, take em for a ride and bring them back.

I'm doing what I'm expected to do. If the company gets blown out, it's not on me to figure out how to service the extra volume.

bacha29

What does that have to do with what is being talked about?
A significant expansion in the USPS delivery capacity I know Fat Freddy never saw a shipping account he didn't like but maybe this peak he for once has to say "no" to anymore shippers.

Remember, the USPS is the carrier of the last resort and if the National Guard is helping them out they might and again might become the preferred carrier.

bbsam

Staff member
They’ve gone batshat crazy. I’m sure in engineering world of perfection all will be fine. It won’t be.

bacha29

Damn you weird, son.
Look child, the National Guard has been used in the past to run the post office and it can be used again.
Now if you were a shipper and had choose between the Nation Guard running the post office while Fat Freddy Ground is piling it up out in the parking lot and throwing tarps over it ......which one would you choose?

AB831

Look child, the National Guard has been used in the past to run the post office and it can be used again.
Now if you were a shipper and had choose between the Nation Guard running the post office while Fat Freddy Ground is piling it up out in the parking lot and throwing tarps over it ......which one would you choose?
I appreciate your feedback, as I feel you’re one of the few who actually sees through FedEx’s BS, but this is turning into a “who would win between Batman and Spider-Man” kind of arguments.

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
I appreciate your feedback, as I feel you’re one of the few who actually sees through FedEx’s BS, but this is turning into a “who would win between Batman and Spider-Man” kind of arguments.
I beg to differ. We all see through FedEx’s BS, we just don’t harp on it over, and over, and over, and over like he does. He has no job with nothing to do all day than post novels on here about how bad Fedex and Fred are. We KNOW that. Not to mention all the random stuff no one cares about.

It will be fine

A698D006-EC02-428E-9CB3-E56B5D510DAE.gif

I’m going with Spidey.

bacha29

I appreciate your feedback, as I feel you’re one of the few who actually sees through FedEx’s BS, but this is turning into a “who would win between Batman and -Man” kind of arguments.
If you noticed, at the core of every comment made by contributors to this site lies the same question........Where do you want to be 5 years from now? In this a world where change is the only constant and nothing's binding or assured trying to uncover the potential for a dramatic and completely unforeseen turn of events is task we all share.

A couple of examples came forward today.

CDC and NIH officials testifying in front of Congress today offered very little hope when it comes to quickly ending the COVID-19 crisis. In addition the EU is on the verge of shutting Americans out of Europe until the virus is brought under control here in the states . In fact in a previous comment another public official stated that this winter could be "one of the darkest chapters in American history ".

Paranoia? Not from my standpoint but every person today has to remain vigilant and attentive to potential developments , including those that do not appear to have an immediate impact on their lives. In fact you at the top of this thread expressed concern and rightfully so regarding the potential for a complete breakdown of the entire transportation system and what it could mean to the well being of the nation as a whole.

Mutineer

Can you say federalized National Guard? They can deliver mail.
Yes. But can you also say: entrenched, passive-aggressive, obtuse, pet, protected classes of citizens who will sabotage absolutely everything in every spectacular and untraceable and imaginable way?

Post Office employees will consider the National Guard delivering mail not as help, but as a threat to their livelihood. And will behave exactly as described above.

Est.1998

Didn’t you get the memo? Virus is over. It’s racial holy war season now. And by then election season.
The virus isn't over in NC.
Yesterday at 5pm, it became mandatory for everyone to wear those stupid masks while out in public or if you're unable to maintain the mythical 6ft of distance.

bacha29

Yes. But can you also say: entrenched, passive-aggressive, obtuse, pet, protected classes of citizens who will sabotage absolutely everything in every spectacular and untraceable and imaginable way?

Post Office employees will consider the National Guard delivering mail not as help, but as a threat to their livelihood. And will behave exactly as described above.
If the Guard is there under a federal emergency powers declaration they'll just have to.......eat it and smile.