Peak

whome

Someone talk me off the cliff.been working at ups for a few months. Im getting really nervous about peak season. please help.

DownSouthUPS

It's a month and half of tough work. Man up and Get it loaded!! Haha. If you can't last thru peak and already ready to quit, then just go ahead and get it over cause it only gets worse from here!!

ORLY!?!

Master Loader
Its not as bad as you're thinking. More time to do the same job, perhaps a little more work and a larger paycheck each week. This "should" be the easiest time of the year for us.

I had a great time at work today, started at 330am. Peak as started here already and was very easy. It will get harder, but that is only a mind set, more time will allow you to make it. Point being, stay calm, always stay calm.

It should only last a month, but as I said, its started here already. One month ( for you and many others ) of harder worker with a huge start time, anything is possible, easy.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
It's a month and half of tough work. Man up and Get it loaded!! Haha. If you can't last thru peak and already ready to quit, then just go ahead and get it over cause it only gets worse from here!!

It's two weeks of really tough work. With all the extra help we handle the other month pretty easily.

whome

Im Preload..start time for this week is 330am...at my hub heard horror stories that there were a few days they had a 200k volume for ONE day..ahhhh...Also,i dont want to quit..just nervous.I have anixety.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
Im Preload..start time for this week is 330am...at my hub heard horror stories that there were a few days they had a 200k volume for ONE day..ahhhh...Also,i dont want to quit..just nervous.I have anixety.

You'll just start earlier is all and maybe work a little later. They are not going to have you loading 7 trucks and trying to get it all done with the same number of people. They hire lots of help this time of year. Take a deep breath relax and enjoy the bigger paychecks.

packageguy

Just relax, it all works out in end, come to work everyday and do what you do, you will be okay. Just put it in the right truck, we the drivers will deliver it.....

Johney

I always find peak easier. Do 165 to 175 stops all year then do 200 to 225 with a 4 to 5 hour helper and the route gets tighter closer to Christmas.:happy-very: I don't leave the truck from 10:30 til 6:00.

whome

i dont see how it can be done..my 3 trucks are full,packed tightly as it is.with peak coming where will the rest all go?

packageguy

i dont see how it can be done..my 3 trucks are full,packed tightly as it is.with peak coming where will the rest all go?

Don't worry, they have shuttle trucks, whatever don't fit, a truck will be out later in the afternoon to give it to us. Just put it in the right truck....

Johney

Don't worry, they have shuttle trucks, whatever don't fit, a truck will be out later in the afternoon to give it to us. Just put it in the right truck....
Our resi cars they usually dump the 7 and 8000 sections in TP60's or bulk cars. I'll never forget the first day they did that. Came in looked at my car and stop count, thought dam it's going to be a nice day. Only to be told I still had two sections I had to go get out of a tp60.:sad-very: Aside from having to break off area it did give me some moving room threw the day. What sucked was being the first of 4 guys there and my stuff being in the front.

Macbrother

More runs in, so more trucks to divide the volume between. Some days may be particularly gruesome (like the week of cyber monday) but in most cases it won't be particularly more difficult, just longer. Because you're starting earlier that volume is spread out a lot more as well. Some trucks may even have it a little easier, the guy who works behind me on the belt for instance, last year, had a MUCH easier time during peak than he did during the rest of the year.

tre305

I remember one year...during peak, Black Friday....since we only run airs. Walking down the belt after the hour long sort....some trucks only had one big ass box sitting in the middle if the floor....thinking to myself....if I was that driver....I'd take two hours to deliver that thing. But Black Friday is easy money for me anyway. I love peak season!

UPSGUY72

Everyday is just like any other be it peak or not. You can only deliver one stop at a time. I don't know why everyone gets there panties in a bunch over things they have no control over. It is what it is be it 100 stops or 250 stops. You get paid be the hour not by the piece...