pen knife vs pocket knife

Oak

What constitutes a weapon as far as UPS is concerned? I've been around for a few years and still have not become comfortable not having my little old timer knife in my pocket. I mean hell, you never know when you need one till the time you need it.

I have asked three different OCS for a written definition over the years and got zilch. Should a guy ask his BA if there is a precedent?

Covemastah

Hoopah drives the boat Chief !!
IMG_1040.PNG
This bad boy could stop a dog in a heartbeat or a 300 lb lonely housewife chasing you back to your package cah!

TearsInRain

IE boogeyman
What constitutes a weapon as far as UPS is concerned? I've been around for a few years and still have not become comfortable not having my little old timer knife in my pocket. I mean hell, you never know when you need one till the time you need it.

I have asked three different OCS for a written definition over the years and got zilch. Should a guy ask his BA if there is a precedent?
the definition is purposefully vague so that internet lawyers can't bull:censored2: their way into bringing a knife to work

lots of UPSers (sups and hourlies) carry knives, but theoretically they could be walked out at any time for violating that policy

oldngray

nowhere special
the definition is purposefully vague so that internet lawyers can't bull:censored2: their way into bringing a knife to work

lots of UPSers (sups and hourlies) carry knives, but theoretically they could be walked out at any time for violating that policy

Drivers used to need a pocket knife to cut off COD tags. It wasn't an issue then.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
I always had a pocket knife in the p/c. Don't ask don't tell
We had a driver cut himself with a flip open knife (sup called it a switchblade). Sup talked for 15 minutes about no weapons or anything blah blah blah.

35 year driver pulls out the smallest pocket knife I've ever seen. Says I'm sorry I didn't realize I had been in violation of ups code for the past 30+ years. Lmao