Penalties for late vacation checks.

Turdferguson

Just a turd
Don't have the union book right in front of me.
Article 17

"Wages for properly selected vacations, in all instances, will be paid to the employees no later than the workday prior to their vacation. If the employee does not receive his/her vacation check, the Employer will make all reasonable efforts to provide the check the following day including delivery by Saturday or Next Day Air. If the employee requests to see his vacation check on the Monday as permitted below and the Employer fails to make the vacation payment available by Saturday following the employee’s regular scheduled pay day, the employee shall be paid an additional amount equal to one-half (1/2) of his or her daily guarantee at his or her regular hourly rate of pay for every subsequent pay period until the shortage is corrected. Other shortages involving more than forty ($40.00) dollars for full-time employees, and twenty ($20.00) dollars for part-time employees, will be corrected and the payment will be made available to the employ- ee at his/her reporting location on his/her second scheduled workday after reporting the shortage. If the Employer fails to make the pay- ment available on the employee’s second scheduled workday and the shortage was the result of the Employer’s error, the employee will be paid an additional amount equal to one-half (1/2) of his/her daily
guarantee at his/her regular hourly rate for every full pay period in which the shortage is not paid after the second (2nd) scheduled work
day, until corrected.
Errors of less than forty ($40.00) dollars for full-time employees or twenty ($20.00) dollars for part-time employees and overages will be corrected in the following weekly paycheck."

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
upload_2016-10-27_18-46-52-png.102363

brownmonster

Man of Great Wisdom
Why are vacation checks paid out early? Just confuses my bookkeeper. If you need the check early to afford to go on vacation, you shouldn't be going on vacation.

Why are vacation checks paid out early? Just confuses my bookkeeper. If you need the check early to afford to go on vacation, you shouldn't be going on vacation.
Because back in the day they used to mess them up on purpose if they didn't like you. So now if you don't get the check on time you have another pay period to get it corrected.

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
Folks are using food stamp cards to buy Turkey Legs in Disney. Lots of poor folk or folk that dont want to work, go on nice vacations.