Penalty Overtime

DriverNerd

I'm against double or triple time after so many hours because I like my hours and doing so would put that in jeopardy. Though I will say that 9.5 violations should be paid out automatically. At least that might force the company to cut those drivers some hours. Doing that wouldn't hurt my hours.

AKCoverMan

Our center manager was just whining at Friday’s PCM about how many millions we waste the company every day in overallowed hours, and how we need to “tighten it up.” Several drivers are being told that their routes are being monitored by corporate because of overallowed.
To which I have always replied “Great! Come on board and show me where I’m supposedly losing an hour a day I’d love to get done earlier!” Conversation ends, I go out and take care of my customers, and on Friday I cash the check. Wash, rinse, repeat.

AKCoverMan

I'm against double or triple time after so many hours because I like my hours and doing so would put that in jeopardy. Though I will say that 9.5 violations should be paid out automatically. At least that might force the company to cut those drivers some hours. Doing that wouldn't hurt my hours.
Yeah the OT checks can be nice but don’t set yourself up to where lots of OT every week is a “must have” for you financially. If you can live on 40 hrs a week easily then your golden.

AKCoverMan

Only if you're violated 3 times or more in a week, then you still have to file. They get 2 free ones and just move the work around (at least here) and no one gets 3 in a week. And it should be automatically put in your pay, no grievance necessary. But the company knows the majority of people won't file so why give it away if not many will ask for it.
The bean counters will say it’s better to pay the OT and penalty than put another car in plan, pay another health and welfare contribution, and pay additional pension contribution. So they keep cutting routes and loading us up. They either nit pick away at grieves at center level or just pay em and keep on loading up, They simply believe in long run they are getting more bang for the buck doing it this way.

It’s gonna take both having to pay 9.5 triple pay penalty PLUS pension contribution on all hours worked not just first 2080 to move the needle on excessive forced overtime.

Yeah, we’ve heard this crap for years, but now they’re sending diad messages to individual drivers asking what they could have done the day before, because that hour of overallowed was just too much. They never want to hear that maybe it’s their numbers that is the problem.
“I could have called in sick”

DriverNerd

Yeah the OT checks can be nice but don’t set yourself up to where lots of OT every week is a “must have” for you financially. If you can live on 40 hrs a week easily then your golden.
Oh I agree completely. I'm 40, have about 10 years left on my mortgage, cars paid off, $300k in retirement, and my monthly bills are waaaaay under what I make a month. I like the money for sure but I don't need it. Hopefully all the hard work now will make for a more relaxed and financially stable retirement.

DELACROIX

In the Spirit of Honore' Daumier
Oh I agree completely. I'm 40, have about 10 years left on my mortgage, cars paid off, $300k in retirement, and my monthly bills are waaaaay under what I make a month. I like the money for sure but I don't need it. Hopefully all the hard work now will make for a more relaxed and financially stable retirement.

Number One issue on the table in 2023 will be (Retirement, when and where)..:chochypnosmiley:

rod

Retired 22 years
Yeah, we’ve heard this crap for years, but now they’re sending diad messages to individual drivers asking what they could have done the day before, because that hour of overallowed was just too much. They never want to hear that maybe it’s their numbers that is the problem.
I think I would have pulled the truck over and contemplated for about 15 minutes or so how I would answer that. Then the next day when they call you into explain the dead time tell them exactly what you were doing.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
We were always told we were the worst center in Mn. It turns out other centers we talked to said they were told the same. Go figure. Don't believe anything they spew out of their pie hole.
This site and Facebook and just the internet in general is exposing so much of the BS they spew.

Over70irregs

Only if you're violated 3 times or more in a week, then you still have to file. They get 2 free ones and just move the work around (at least here) and no one gets 3 in a week. And it should be automatically put in your pay, no grievance necessary. But the company knows the majority of people won't file so why give it away if not many will ask for it.
People are fools for not asking for triple time on grievance.
Our center manager was just whining at Friday’s PCM about how many millions we waste the company every day in overallowed hours, and how we need to “tighten it up.” Several drivers are being told that their routes are being monitored by corporate because of overallowed.
Tell them to monitor my 9.5 check when I deposit it. Stop starting us late, get truck loaded or I’m going into take a dump mode. Monitor all the bottles of piss I’m not using as I break route for bathroom and to wash my hands.