Penalty pay

BeachBoy

So, they screwed me out of a day's pay back on the first of July. Reported it, nothing. Got a grievance filed, nothing, nothing, nothing. Now, almost 3 months later, I'm getting calls and texts from Supes saying they are gonna try to resolve this. The day I was not paid for is like $180 or so. The math I did shows the penalty pay around $2200 plus the day's pay. Does anyone have experience with this? Am I going to have to fight for the penalty pay when they finally make me right?

Up In Smoke

Yes, I had a driver that put $40.00 in gas into a vehicle that had no gas card in it and the ORS did not want to give up his card number. The final grievance amount paid out was over $800.00. Stick to your guns, the contract is on your side.

542thruNthru

So, they screwed me out of a day's pay back on the first of July. Reported it, nothing. Got a grievance filed, nothing, nothing, nothing. Now, almost 3 months later, I'm getting calls and texts from Supes saying they are gonna try to resolve this. The day I was not paid for is like $180 or so. The math I did shows the penalty pay around $2200 plus the day's pay. Does anyone have experience with this? Am I going to have to fight for the penalty pay when they finally make me right?
How are you coming to 2,200 in penalty pay?

542thruNthru

So you make 17.25 a hour?

I'm guessing you are PT?

You might want to read this and check your math my friend.
Screenshot_20200923-124158_Adobe Acrobat.jpg

Nah
You have to file for penalty pay each week . they don't just hand out 2200$ checks

I've never heard of that before. I always just filed on the specific shortage, asked for penalty pay in that one grievance, and all the weeks they failed to make things right were just paid out to me once the grievance was heard.

542thruNthru

I've never heard of that before. I always just filed on the specific shortage, asked for penalty pay in that one grievance, and all the weeks they failed to make things right were just paid out to me once the grievance was heard.
We always put "on going" where it asks for the date the grievance occurred.

Last edited:

charm299

I still ain’t got paid for them not paying me for Christmas day

charm299

if its gone on this long its nobodies fault but your own
Why is it my fault? i filed a grievance. I asked about it a few times. BA called me about a month ago and said yeah they agreed they owed me for christmas Day. I told him no, they owe me for Christmas Day and penalty pay. he sounded like he didn’t want to deal with it but he would go back and see what he could do. I’m giving him a little while longer and then I’m suing the union for fraud. I filed 4 grievances since then and none of them have been resolved. Our union sucks. I aleady talked to a lawyer

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
Why is it my fault? i filed a grievance. I asked about it a few times. BA called me about a month ago and said yeah they agreed they owed me for christmas Day. I told him no, they owe me for Christmas Day and penalty pay. he sounded like he didn’t want to deal with it but he would go back and see what he could do. I’m giving him a little while longer and then I’m suing the union for fraud. I filed 4 grievances since then and none of them have been resolved. Our union sucks. I aleady talked to a lawyer

go on wit yo bad self
Wont a lawyer cost more than your penalty pay?