pending job offer

ironbug78

hello I have been offered a job as a package handler at the UPS hub in Columbus ohio. I went through the hiring process, and showed up for my first day of work. I was told I could not start becuase my background check has not come back yet. HR said they will call later in the week to let me know that my backgorund check came back. I have a uneasy feeling about this.I have a misdemeanor assault from march 2008 and a dui conviction from jan 2002.. Will these convictions bar me from employment?

Wil UPS hire someone with a misdemenaor assualt conviction or are they considered a violent liabilty?

Thanks
Jeremy

over9five

Staff member
Welcome to BrownCafe, Ironbug!

Unfortunately I can't answer your questions, maybe someone else will.

Good luck if you gat the job, and either way post back what happens.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

hello I have been offered a job as a package handler at the UPS hub in Columbus ohio. I went through the hiring process, and showed up for my first day of work. I was told I could not start becuase my background check has not come back yet. HR said they will call later in the week to let me know that my backgorund check came back. I have a uneasy feeling about this.I have a misdemeanor assault from march 2008 and a dui conviction from jan 2002.. Will these convictions bar me from employment?

Wil UPS hire someone with a misdemenaor assualt conviction or are they considered a violent liabilty?

Thanks
Jeremy

Did you disclose both of these on your application? If so, and they did not say "thanks, but no thanks", and are in fact running a background check, you should be OK.

ironbug78

I got hold of HR, and they said that my background check came up good. HR said to be at the Gaurd shack Monday at 9:30 and to bring my work boots.

Jeremy