Pension and a Qdro due to divorce

I retired in May of 2008. This was right after UPS took over the pension. I got royally screwed by UPS. When I retired Central states who qualified the QDRO said my ex should get x amount of dollars which was right in the ball park of the way the QDRO was written. A year later UPS sent me a letter and said Central states figured it wrong and that they are taking another 279.50 from my pension. This was for around $110 dollars additional for ex and they were taking around $160 a month because she was 2 years younger than me. I could go on and on, but I would like to know if any other fellow retirees have run into a same of similiar situation. I have tried to straighten this out myself but I think it;s time to unleash the lawyers. Oh ya as a side note Central states stands by there figures and says UPS is doing the calculations all wrong!

moreluck

golden ticket member
Wouldn't you rather move on and start enjoying your retirement?
Enjoyment comes in all forms.............most of the time, when you go out, it'll cost you $$$ either admissions, shopping or eating. Better to get the "free" entertainment at home. TV, Videos and computer can fill your day and keep the brain cells fresh.

klein

Für Meno :)
Doesn't seem to work for you at times, More... (just saying) ;)

As for the poster, just get re-married, this time to someone richer then yourself, and if you do happen to get divorced again - you can even take revenge on those blood -suckers ! ;)

moreluck

golden ticket member

As for the poster, just get re-married, this time to someone richer then yourself, and if you do happen to get divorced again - you can even take revenge on those blood -suckers ! ;)
Of course, 'love' is nowhere in your thoughts on marriage........just greed!!

moreluck

golden ticket member

;)
If I'm watching TV....how do you figure it's not working for me if it's what I choose to do?? If I'm at the store everyday (and I am) how is that not working for me? Retirement is doing whatever the hell suits you (short of crime).

klein

Für Meno :)
I was more thinking about keep the brain cells fresh....

Voting yourself to pay more on taxes, and being proud the republicans are doing whatever they can not to tax the millionaires more.
You just want yourself and the poor to be taxed more.

I would say that's a brain cell issue.

moreluck

golden ticket member
I was more thinking about keep the brain cells fresh....

Voting yourself to pay more on taxes, and being proud the republicans are doing whatever they can not to tax the millionaires more.
You just want yourself and the poor to be taxed more.

I would say that's a brain cell issue.

Where did I say I want to pay more taxes?